Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

More
11 years 4 months ago #76640 by murranji
kenworth10x6, that yard at hemmant belongs to larry windshuttle, larry ,wheels&deals and imports gear from the states steve

1979 mack r600 685 rs 1978 r700 797 rs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #76641 by elgindale
I saw this one in Brisbane yesterday .What a great truck.

11 years 4 months ago #76642 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
nice truck....looks like something has clobbered the cab around the headlight areas :'( :'( :'(.....cab tilted right over maybe?

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76643 by BBPete
Replied by BBPete on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
G'day all, My brother and myself have this one in the shed. 352COE No.16069 Believe it's a 1963. Cheers.

Formerly looked like this
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by BBPete.

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76644 by
g'day BBPete .. you've got yourself a beauty, this one being an ST (all steel chassis construction) and of the factory RHD imports she was equal second into service in November 1963 with Mainline Transport's unit 302 (ch/no 15835) which was a 352A ...

...this truck started its working life in SA with Brian Condon Tpt who was a Shell Oil Co distributor, painted in the Shell livery (along with a second Peterbilt sleeper 352M he operated as well ch/no 15986) and has gone through quite a succession of owners in the Eastern states (Vic, NSW)...it's good to see she's been back in her home state for a quite a while now...

...in case you are wondering, the curious LH peep window in the bunk has been there since day dot and all up she is still pretty original in the cab, when i last called by for a look down at Willunga SA some years ago...

...hope that helps a bit for your own research...cheers and regards...Phil

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76645 by BBPete
Replied by BBPete on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
Thanks for that info Phil, we coveted this truck since a local guy bought it probably 10 years ago. We've owned it since 08, using it for vintage 6 weeks of the year. Has Big Cam Cummins 350, Roadranger. Rego papers say it's green. Will post more pictures of cab, interior etc. Would be interested to know of any other history. Cheers, Jim & Mick
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by BBPete.

More
11 years 3 months ago #76646 by Cunning Stunt
Cool photo BBP, I'm amazed just how many have survived

Some play hard to get

More
11 years 3 months ago #76647 by steveb
Replied by steveb on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
Just a reminder to all you Peterbilt buffs.There is the 50 years of Peterbilt in Australia being celebrated at the big truck show at Lancefield at the end of February.You are all welcome.Friday night,Saturday and Sunday(refer to events on the forum)................regards steveb

More
11 years 3 months ago #76648 by Young Fella
Looks great BBPete. Good to see it has survived and has a good home. Looks good in black, but gee, it looked good in the old school paint too. Must have been a hard decision to repaint it. I think I have a photo of this truck or a sister truck in the Shell livery. Will find it and post it for your info.

11 years 3 months ago #76649 by
g'day young fella and all .. there was a third Shell Oil Company liveried Peterbilt sleeper... and that one was owned by the company themselves between 1966 and around 1969 ...and was in a few articles in the trucking mags over the years (ch/no 20266)...

...the company deemed the truck as being unsuccessful, because apparently the spring Hendrickson suspension on some of the rough bush roads where it operated in SA, was giving the bulkhead area at the turntable mount on the aluminium tanker a lot of problems... caused by when the semi was returning to Birkinhead unladen .....cheers

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds