Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

More
11 years 3 months ago #76660 by waynestr
I can remember being at the Sydney Showground Speedway circa 1964 (give or take a year) and a Peterbuilt did an exhibition run around the track. It was reputed to be the first one in Australia. They did say how much it cost, but I dont rememberhow much , but I do remember it was a huge amount of money for a truck back then.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #76661 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
...g'day waynestr .. if she was cream and maroon she would've been one of the first...cheers mate

More
11 years 3 months ago #76662 by waynestr

...g'day waynestr .. if she was cream and maroon she would've been one of the first...cheers mate

From memory ( which can play tricks ), it was dark green all over.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76663 by geoffb
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by geoffb.

More
11 years 3 months ago #76664 by Young Fella
Great find Goeff. Looks like ones getting a resto. What more can you tell us about them? Detective, what do you know of these two?

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76665 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
...here are a few pics for BBPete showing the working life of his great old truck through the years till now... 8-) 8-) :) :)

...taken in 1964 with first owner Brian Condon of Adelaide..

[IMG

...with third owner Tommy Barton of Barton's Livestock in Warrnambool Vic. in about 1970...

[IMG

...after ownership by Bruce Marks of Hamilton, Finemores of Wagga, AND John Rae of Melbourne, here she is sitting rather neglected in a yard in Sunshine Vic. in 1976 just prior to the purchase by Max Lynch and family of Newcastle NSW...

[IMG

...on the road again and working hard for the Lynch's...

[IMG

...in restful semi retirement down Willunga/McLaren vale SA about 12-14 years ago

[IMG

....notice the one off peep window in the bunk able to be seen in most of the pics...

...also all credits to the owners of the photos....cheers

More
11 years 3 months ago #76666 by 82cabover
Thats a top pictorial history detective lynchy got the colours right the 2nd time the one with the flat top looks like waitn to turn right on to parra road off hill road homebush
:)

livin the dream oldskool is cool

More
11 years 3 months ago #76667 by Young Fella
BBPete, here's the sister truck to yours, when they were both at Conden's in Shell colours. As Detective has mentioned, this one is chassis number 15835. (Not my photo, credit to the owner)

More
11 years 3 months ago #76668 by murranji
detective where is the chassis number on a coe pete as there is one in a yard that we cart into i'll try and get a photo ,the fella who owned it was doing it up before he past away there is a sar in the yard too i'll get a photo of that too steve

1979 mack r600 685 rs 1978 r700 797 rs

More
11 years 3 months ago #76669 by ute253
Replied by ute253 on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
Hi guys, thought I add another Pete to the thread, photo taken at Longwarry on sunday.

Diamond T P3320 x 2&&Studebaker US6 6x6&&HQ GTS Coupe&&HQ ute&&HG ut

Time to create page: 0.590 seconds