Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #76670 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
...g'day Young Fella .. that pic is Condons second Peterbilt... a 352M, ch/no 15986...and into service 1-4-1964 .. Bruce McDonald photo

...ch/no 15835 was equal second into service in Australia 1-12-1963 for Mainline Transport....along with Condons first one on the same day...

Murranji, the cabover ch/no is on the top flange bot sides, just behind the rear cab mounts on the earliest ones, and just forward of the front spring shackle bracket both sides on the ones from about ch/no 16000

...hope all that helps...cheers fellas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 2 months ago #76671 by
Detective,
Not the best pic,do you know of this one.

LN 700

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #76672 by
hi LN 700 .. this truck at the time was owned by John Wilkinsons' firm Harvest Haul, and is one of the original imports from the mid 60's....282 ST converted years ago to bogie drive

...she had a pretty nasty prang a little while back, and hopefully will live to see a few more roads....cheers mate :) :) :)

11 years 2 months ago #76673 by
Detective: once again thanks for the info. Sto-- borrowed this pic from a thread that swishy put up today for quote
'educational purposes' it needs to be in this thread.

Also 352 RHD when you started this thread you wanted 117 replies I see 112 so c/mon mate we all can do it.
LN 700

thanks to the pic taker

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #76674 by
...hi LN .. as mentioned elsewhere, that highway haulage Peterbilt (ch/no 19162) was a very unusual spec in that it was the only one that had a factory fit RTO915 Roadranger, whereas all the other highway sleeper cabovers had the 2 stick Spicer

More
11 years 2 months ago #76675 by Sunshine
This 1966 Peterbilt was at the Hunter Valley Classic Commercial Vehicle Clubs 4th Muster yesterday and today

More
11 years 2 months ago #76676 by Sunshine
Sorry
Here is the photo
Sunshine

More
11 years 2 months ago #76677 by werkhorse
:o :o :o :o :o :o :-? :-?

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #76678 by
...well...352RHD was looking for 117 replies and i reckon werkhorse's was a beauty ;D ;D ;D ;D....

...that old girl has been owned, operated and modified by Ian Presland from up Paterson way in NSW, for quite a long time...

...one of two that were operated originally by Carsons, then Betts of Gloucester NSW with 8V71 and 2 stick Spicer...this one later fitted with an 8V92 and RR.....ch/no 20036

More
11 years 2 months ago #76679 by Cunning Stunt
Phil, did that one used to run around Sydney and was painted a mustard colour with white band, I'm sure I remember it ..................

Some play hard to get

Time to create page: 0.569 seconds