Skip to main content

peterbilts,then and now

More
12 years 1 month ago #76600 by PCT
Replied by PCT on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
G'Day Detective and All, Its unfortunate they never made it through the test of time, have you much of a story on what their working life was after they were replaced with the two Pacific Coast W Models? Were they W/O? Seems like day cabs/slimlines don't retain their worth like a COE sleeper does. Looks to be easier to part out these day cab trucks as opposed to carrying out the necessary repairs to a sleeper cab truck.
Just what you notice along the way. :) :( With those accumulated parts, It sounds like theres enough to kick off a Vegas / Hawaii project and recreate one of these Classy looking 352's :)

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #76601 by
Replied by on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
..they had a pretty ordinary working life beyond cannington/PCT with ch/no 16109 going straight to scotts of mt. gambier carting fuel from the SA terminals to sites all around adelaide and beyond...so that makes three aussie petes that scotts operated, then through to deacon avenue cartage who were another avid user of the peterbilts then through a couple more owners till ending up with barry stoodley in adelaide as a resto project...that didn't quite materialise...oh well !

ch/no 16110 operated in and around sydney on general freight with tom curle of windsor and beyond his ownership to ross barlow who operated it with a supposed NT 380 cummins!..?

ross purchased the old caltex six inline GM that aerodyne has now, with a thought of re-living his old trucking days in a pete but unfortunately ross passed away before that could happen.... R.I.P.

More
12 years 1 month ago #76602 by PCT
Replied by PCT on topic Re: peterbilts,then and now
It amazes me how many times they change hands after fleet work. Definitely be starting from scratch, but one day with more parts towards it, [probably a shopping trip] it could be done. :) Thanks for the rundown Detective.

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

12 years 1 month ago #76603 by
..16110 migrated to SA in later years as well and was eventually scrapped for its aluminium content (this one had retained its ally rails)with only the front and rear ends surviving.

12 years 1 month ago #76604 by
Ok , dug up some photos that you boys are sure to know about ::)

This one is owned by the boys down at JUST TIPPERS / WESTERN HWY TRUCK SALES , so original

[img

Untitled by clarkehighwheeler , on Flickr

[img

This lovely bit of gear ex HAYES HAULAGE of Bega is owned by Jimmy Dean of Taralga NSW .

[img

12 years 1 month ago #76605 by
MODEL 352 M # 22032 photographed at ARARAT VIC.

Factory AIR BAG suspension

Nice ol' jigger eh ? :P :P :P :P :P

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #76606 by
nice pics highwheeler .. the conventional is a pretty special truck being the one that was purchased by frank burke from peterbilts in sydney in 1965, operated in his own enterprise, and then became part of the fleet in the cannington, PCT thread ....cheers

12 years 1 month ago #76607 by
Good on ya Defective ol' mate - glad you enjoyed , cheers Clarke . 8-)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #76608 by 48Bedford
Hey guys, i know highwheeler was already onto it, but i got to see ol Pete first hand. Cool truck!!

12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #76609 by
..and she's been in them working clothes for nearly 40years, since painted for snell's tpt....

Time to create page: 0.493 seconds