Skip to main content

Acco 1950 A 1972

15 years 10 months ago #1838 by
Replied by on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Hi Bono,i don't no much about Inters but i nearly bought one long time ago for carting chemicals 12ton and it had a 10 sd RR and a neusse but was piped at the post.
The bloke who got it got half way home and it poped a con rod thru the block throw the neuss away and put in a perkins and didn't look back he was carting steel on her for a long time.

I FOUND A MANUAL ON ACCO MODELS 1950 , 1950 TS -M ON EBAY 360063605937 also podge will right as he wrecks and repairs them for a living. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1839 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Hi Dave,

I dont doubt podge at all, i knew this was all too good to be true. I think i'll have to keep going though, change the box get on the road and offload her for somehing else.

I'm really bummed, but those are the breaks i suppose.

Found an old reg sticker in the glove box, engine no dv550xxxx so i think this is what it may have had in her before.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1840 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Bono if the truck had Dv 550 in it then it would be a 1950A. This truck sounds like its had a cab , engine and gearbox change. The crank will break because you have got a big jump in revs and without two speed to split the ratios time will tell. Make sure you have a good look before you jump. The shining paint maybe covering hidden secrets. you could repower with 3208 Cat and roadranger to up the horsepower to 210.The 358 nuess ran with 5speed syncro and 2 speed diff. Best of luck . Podge.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1841 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
go the neuss

More
15 years 10 months ago #1842 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Looks like the DV550 blew up and was replaced by the Neuss. You could just fix the gearbox and drive it but performance will not be great. I think there is less chance of breaking the crank with a crash box than syncro ie the revs have to be approx correct or you cant get the gear.
Depends on your budget and what you want to do with the truck. ie if you want to run fully loaded in hilly country, it would need a heart transplant.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 10 months ago #1843 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
I can remember way back when :D
Inters hada display in queensland to release there new jiggr twaz the early 70's
n they had this new wizz bang donk called a noize
it twaz a V8 th@ idled with 4 cylinders n when planted the thong hard down 8 cylinders came in for power (or lack of)
LOL
the rumor way back then twaz the yanks didn't want m cos of noise n smoke emmission problems
ButEyeDoSt&2BCorrected
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 10 months ago #1844 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
i was running a D358 neuss(with a schwitzer turbo) in a acco 1830B.. fitted with a 25ft furniture pantec + a 14ft trailer..i definatly didnt break a crank..im sure the germans didnt make a crankshaft out of chalk? .. i only sold that truck march this year she had been around the clock a few times

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #1845 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Well, there's one thing i know for sure, its that iam a dead set idiot. I never saw a switch on the stick and assumed the single speed diff. Well i was wrong. It was described a 5 speed as well. It was under rubber plate. So i've just found 5 gears. doing the brakes at moment so can t tell if its all in order.

Pete, missed your comment, i am only really doing local work in the western suburbs. Pleanty going on and there really isnt so so many hills. i'm not in a hurry most days, so given the budget it might work out. fix the box and might go for a while and then see where to from there
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by Bono.

15 years 10 months ago #1846 by
Replied by on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Well after all this Bono you should bring it to our truck show (display) on the 23rd Nov 08 at Sandown race track Melbourne and you can most of guys you have speaking to best luck driving around the western suburbs. :D ;). Dave

More
15 years 10 months ago #1847 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
What are you saying Bono, has it got a 2 speed diff or not.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds