Skip to main content

Acco 1950 A 1972

More
15 years 10 months ago #1828 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Ill check against the chassis and let you know.

Pete, the gears arent conventional. 1st is right and down, 2nd is over all the way left and down, then as per normal, 3 is pulling back, 4 over slightly and 5 pulling back and straight.

I got to apologise guys i keep forgeting that second is actually third which keeps popping out, so then i my luck is running as normal these Fuller 5W43 's are probably rare as hens teeth and twice as expensive- lol AS to th gvm it was from memory so ill double check .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1829 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Bono, Also have a look tonight at the floor just to the left of the clutch pedal. Is there a patch in the floor at this spot ?
Atkipete is right with the five speed model and the shift pattern. Im curious if maybe it had a joey once.
The joey stick came through the floor just to the left of the clutch pedal and had a knurled union on it you undid to take the stick off when you tilt the cab. If you got a bit enthusiastic when you went for overdrive you hit your knuckle on the dash.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1830 by Bono
Hi Barry, Pete and all

Barry, the chassis no does line up with the compliance plate

no hole in the floor
pic of the wheel

kingpin/axle

and gear box top

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #1831 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Bono, Baz is away for the weekend so I'm afraid you won't get an immediate answer from him. Pete'll probably sort the ID though.

Have you checked the engine mounts?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 10 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1832 by Bono
No Worries Andy, whenever is fine, just could'nt get it posted any quicker, just not enough hours in the day..

More
15 years 10 months ago #1833 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Bono the gearbox is a T54 crash box and 2nd gear will be U/S in the bushing or dog teeth. The truck has been played with and is all mixed up.The 1950 never ran a 358 with single diff. Is the truck registed. With compliance plate not matching chassis number you will have trouble. If you want to make it go put a Roadranger into it. The Nuess will brake the crank operating in this configuration.The gearbox will cost $1500 plus to repair and roadranger and housing will cost you $ 1500 -$ 2000. The clutch plate changes from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 center and rear engine mount become side mounts instead of underneath. Have a good look over the truck before spending more money. The old girls can become a money pit .

More
15 years 10 months ago #1834 by Bono
Wow, thats some bad news if ever i heard it

The numbers on the chassis do match the compliance plate, I dont know where to go from here, youve hit me all at once.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1835 by Bono
Podge,

Either way i'm looking at 2-3 k to change over? If i leave it the way it is it will break the crank? Would you know what the truck is supposed to be?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1836 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Inters did sell the Neuss with the T54 box but with a 3 speed joey, this is shown in the 1973 catalogue as a 1930A model. Not sure why Podge reckons it will break the crank as is but he has spent a lot of time fixing these and I would respect his opinion. What GVM is it registered at ?

More
15 years 10 months ago #1837 by Bono
hi pete,

GVM is 28000 and GVW 53000 so i was a little under on my memory recall. There is is no hole in the floor so i think thats where te rub is. It has a T54 but no slot for the joey box. Looks like this might be a rebirth

I dont doubt podges word, just needed to get on the road and start working. If the current setup could get me passed the next month or so
i'd change it. i dont want to pass it on to someone else if it aint right.

Time to create page: 0.462 seconds