Skip to main content

Acco 1950 A 1972

More
15 years 10 months ago #1788 by Bono
Acco 1950 A 1972 was created by Bono
Hi all,

New to the forum but already found some great info.

I recently bought an acco 1950A '72 model tipper. Has the Nuess motor. Not much chop but i'll see how i go. It's got some issues but i think she's great. Looking to get hold of a workshop manual, but have had 0 luck. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, even if it was just telling me which manual i should be looking for.

Cheers

Bono

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1789 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
There are two booksellers you could try; Plough Books at Geelong or Rallybadges at Tatura, both of them have websites. Otherwise Ebay or the HCVC library. I have written a book called "The ACCO - An Aussie Icon" but this is a history of the ACCO not a workshop manual. Not sure that the Neuss engine would be original equipment in your truck. If it is an ACCO 1950 it should have had a V555 Cummins or DV550 IH engine.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1790 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
isnt the DV550 IH a V8 neuss? .. nothing wrong with a 6cyl neuss easily turboed(using parts from a inter tractor) + parts much more cheaper than a perkins

More
15 years 10 months ago #1791 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
Hey Kenny,

Thanks to you and Pete for your replies.

I am just about to check out those online bookstores. The nuess is actually a d358, i hear a few complaints that its underpowered and not very fast, but that suits me at this stage. I've been given a good going over for roadworthy so i wont know until i am on the road and loaded. Be a few weeks yet, but ill get there...one way or another.

thanks.

More
15 years 10 months ago #1792 by kennymopar
in march i sold a acco 1830B ..it had a D358 Neuss..i put a schwitzer turbo on it (from a international tractor that uses the same motor)..very easy conversion .. without a turbo on a neuss(or perkins for that matter) your going no where in a hurry!

More
15 years 10 months ago #1793 by Bono
From the short trips i have taken, i would say you might be right, although i havent given it a good run yet. Would you have any idea on cost to convert to turbo? it is something i think i'll have to do a little way down the track.

Thanks

More
15 years 10 months ago #1794 by kennymopar
theres a tractor yard in moss vale that bought my truck in march for parts(they needed a rust free acco cab)..id imagine they should still ahve the running gear incl turbo+ adapters etc ..if u want ill try to find there details

More
15 years 10 months ago #1795 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Acco 1950 A 1972
I thought the DV550 was from the USA,but I might be wrong. Not a well regarded engine. The Neuss was from the IH tractor plant in Germany ( now gone )

More
15 years 10 months ago #1796 by kennymopar
the neuss motors do ahve a bad reputation(hitlers revenge/noisey neuss etc)..but ive found them to be good & parts are cheap

More
15 years 10 months ago #1797 by Bono
Thanks Kenny,

That would be a great help, it might be just enough to get the acco moving at a reasonable price. If you could let me know the contact it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds