Skip to main content

Re: FODEN

More
8 years 11 months ago #158791 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: FODEN
Giddy up go.
Mate. I've moved this topic to the historical truck thread, as the conversation is interesting & worthy of It's own thread.
I've started another For sale thread for you & copy & pasted your initial post & Colin's pics to It for you..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #158792 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: FODEN
Giddy
Fuso pic was taken at the BP servo Mays Hill NSW cnr Great Western Hwy and Robilliard sts. I thinks there is still a BP there, (but not the original one).

Reo on princs Hwy Vic.
[IMG

White on Princes Hwy Vic

[IMG

More
8 years 11 months ago #158793 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: FODEN
good pics I wonder with the Reo with the trailer axle up in the air was it a spread or some other fancy thing ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158794 by overnite
AEC just south of Newcastle on the then Pacific Hwy

[IMG

KB International A G Campbells groceries at Houison St Mays Hill NSW for breakfast.
[IMG

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by overnite.

• Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158795 by
Replied by on topic Re: FODEN
...these are lovely pics overnite .. thanks for the memories shared...

..the Mandator is interesting for the fact that it has very early interstate NSW rego...with no RH door hand semaphore (but indicators on the bottom of the mudguards)..

...also the front of her has a very rudimentary panel bolted across and behind the proud radiator ??...was that an original fitment back in the day?

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158796 by overnite
Cant tell you much more about that AEC sorry. Yes a very early interstate plate, Guessing that photo was taken somewhere between 1960 and 1963. My first interstate plate was ISN 318 in 1967. this following pic of a bitsa AEC was taken at the same place as the earlier AEC, and seems to have similar "homemade" sheetmetal surrounding the radiator, plus a roof from ?????. Note, no LH mirror on either of the AECs.
[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by overnite.

More
8 years 11 months ago #158797 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: FODEN
good looking trucks but i hope you were on hourly rate taking one interstate .. i can remember my old leyland was basically a 2 day extremely uncomfortable trip newcastle to melbourne .. nowadaze any truck can do the trip in 12 hours or less actual driving time

More
8 years 11 months ago #158798 by overnite
I was in my early teens on holidays with my mum and dad.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158799 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Re: FODEN
Overnite

Are you sure your first IS plate was IS 318 as I think mine was that number. Either you bought my Commer off me (or whoever I sold it to) or old age is catching up - might have been 381 registered in 1965.

*Just looked again at your post and see you had ISN - NSW?
Victoria just had IS so we still could have had the same number!

Photo attached but I cant read number plate, maybe some guesses from the troops with better eyes.

[IMG

Here is a colour photo taken late 65 after I bought my new 37' Freuhauf trailer. Had a brand new Oldsmobile Toronado (front wheel drive) going from Melbourne to the Sydney motor show. Imported specially by General Motors. More importantly this was taken the day I met my wife (somewhere in that mob at the Golf House Marysville - burned down in the recent bushfires). The old girl is still going strong, don't know about the truck.

Lang

[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Lang.

More
8 years 11 months ago #158800 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Re: FODEN
you no I wouldnt have guessed that truck was red from the black and white photos Lang

overnight I would think that AEC with the tipping tray would have to be pretty well specked truck in its day great photo's keep them coming

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds