Skip to main content

Re: FODEN

More
8 years 11 months ago #158801 by hoarder1
Replied by hoarder1 on topic Re: FODEN
Lang, bit blurry (both my eyesight and your great picture) but I would say your plate was IS318 as you say.

Collector and admirer of ye olde crappe.  I'm interested in researching and collecting old numb

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158802 by Giddy up Go
Replied by Giddy up Go on topic Re: FODEN
....Well "bust my buffers!!" :D...Overnite you must have more smoke com'in out your scanner than one of Swishy's 'screamers' loaded with "Thomas the Tank" engine... :D Absolute 'gold'...good on your mum & dad for not leaving you at home when they went on holidays... ;D Re the Fuso pic,yes I know the BP servo at Mays Hill.... REPLY 21 REO pic...Love the 'BF GOODRIDGE' roadside billboard...'strappie' with 'lift' axle?? Appears both sides up?? Chained up because of mechcanical issue?? Or for same reasons air lift now days?? What others think?? Typical roadside pad...big puddle L/H/F wheel....REPLY 25 pic...Seems to be a common 'theme' with AEC's & Newcastle, RW Brown sold many there...Copy 'busntruck'?...Pics 'Pacific Hwy' south of Newcastle'...OK, gunna go out on a limb...prob Doyalson,Charmhaven,Fraser Park area.Had 'Dixie diner' L/H/S sth bnd, 'Fraser Park Cafe' L/H/S nth bnd, 'Big T' in the middle later years. Guess'in pic taken Fraser Pk. Which most recently was 'Big Prawn' & bushfire destroyed last season...Great idea hav'in 2 number plates...that would've confused "safety-cam" ;D Overnite, look'in forward to the next instalment...thanks for sharing. Giddy-U-G. P.S.- good pics Lang. Thank you Hayseed for editing. All good.

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Giddy up Go.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #158803 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: FODEN
Lang, almost sure it was ISN 318 (NSW), this pic is not real clear, as not much paint is left on the plate, but I think I may have an old reference book somewhere ( definitely not an old log book), and it may be of that era, ill check. Lang from memory the AEC pics were closer to Newcastle than the Doyalson area.
[IMG

Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by overnite.

More
8 years 11 months ago #158804 by Giddy up Go

...these are lovely pics overnite .. thanks for the memories shared...

..the Mandator is interesting for the fact that it has very early interstate NSW rego...with no RH door hand semaphore (but indicators on the bottom of the mudguards)..

...also the front of her has a very rudimentary panel bolted across and behind the proud radiator ??...was that an original fitment back in the day?

DECTECTIVE wrote on 22-5-15...."Semaphore",I must've been away from school that day Tecta,or outta class stand'in by the school fence 'gett'in air horns blaring' ;D....The Oxford School Dictionary,Third Edition, OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS 1974...SEMAPHORE,n post with movable arms as signalling apparatus;signalling by person holding flag in each hand....now I know what ya talk'in bout. ;) P.S. You got a L/H door one hang'in in ya shed?? :D.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
8 years 11 months ago #158805 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: FODEN
Sema4

Iz th@ wot U wanna call m

Evn our Kenny n Mack had m

Thz iz B 4 it twaz made legal to have flash n indicators on trucks

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
8 years 11 months ago #158806 by Giddy up Go
....Might have to go back to us'in em Swishy....no one us'in indicators properly anymore... :o. No issues L/H side in your 'ol carts....window down...left arm straight out...with one ya dish wash'in gloves on.... ;D

• Topic Author
8 years 11 months ago #158807 by
Replied by on topic Re: FODEN
...Im surprised they didn't fit 'em to the LH side of the S model Kennys...or an old B model Mack for that matter, as they would've been a cinch to use in such a narrow cab...

...just think .. if you had an emergency breakdown, you could've sat there with both "semaphores" flappin' !! ;D ;D

More
8 years 11 months ago #158808 by Mairjimmy
Replied by Mairjimmy on topic Re: FODEN
Swishy those photo's must be a number of years ago, back when "the Swish" was learning to drive was it ;) ;) ;)

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
8 years 11 months ago #158809 by olddon
Replied by olddon on topic Re: FODEN
overnite re the Fuso in #16,he wouldn't be there to pay his TWU fees would he ???

More
8 years 11 months ago #158810 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: FODEN
Don, it was often parked there, but you have certainly jogged my memory. I was only wondering the other day what the brick building was for, and you are correct TWU sub branch.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds