Skip to main content

Lang's new Mack toy carrier

More
2 years 1 month ago #233782 by Zuffen
Replied by Zuffen on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Don't talk about Insurance companies and claims.

We had a lightning strike at our pace on 22/2.

So far a lot of back and forth but the NRMA have failed to get one single thing fixed.

We repaired the internet and our Sparky is repairing the wiring. i can see a bunfight when we send them the bill.

The list of damage is huge (modern smart house) and at he rate they are moving I'll be dead of old age before we get it all working again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #233811 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Funny,when I was at the sandblasters ,one of the compressors would blow a fuse ocassionally......so I put in some 600A fuses......unfortunately the next short blew the switchger bigtime,and the sparky quoted $11k to fix the damage ......and the 300KW electric motor still needed to be fixed.....so Paul Jeffs said Im going to claim on the insurance...........I thought No way......but they got everything fixed on the insurance "motor fusion" clause in th policy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 weeks ago #233868 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
It's not a good idea to replace fuses with bigger capacity ones. They are there to protect more expensive bits and for safety.

Years ago I delivered some stuff to a car repairer. Boss and employees were trying to fix a convertible Audi that blew a fuse every tine they tried to put the electric top up. The boss told an employee to go and buy more fuses because they had used all they had. I was tempted to suggest that there must be a short or a pinched wire somewhere but they called themselves professionals and I know very little about electrickery.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #234287 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
The Mack has been neglected again. Latest acquisition another 1941 Dodge weapon carrier Had raised suspension and oversized wheels to cross the flooded river in days gone by. Good excuse for a trip to Hungerford with grandson Sam.

Spotted it years ago and no idea what I am going to do with it. Really straight and complete with only surface rust. Has two perfect doors and very straight bonnet. Engine "ran when last used" Luckily I have a set of correct wheels in my shed.

Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234289 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Where's his lemonade & packet of Chips..??

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/29168

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234290 by cobbadog
Just think how much easier it would have been if you had a truck with a hiab hoist on the back?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234291 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier

Just think how much easier it would have been if you had a truck with a hiab hoist on the back?
Ouch! Low blow Cobba. :cheer:
I've had a feed in that pub. My son was a child, when we came through the gate, northbound. Ben got out to operate the gate, after driving through I stopped and watched the gate close, then open, then close again. When Ben got back in the truck, I asked if he had trouble closing the gate. He replied "Not really, but after I closed it, I realised I was on the wrong side." :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234293 by Mrsmackpaul
Fun time with your grandson

Happy days

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234294 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
I guess first thing will be to check its diff ratios?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, PaulFH

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234295 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Lang's new Mack toy carrier
Thanks Paul. I find I really enjoy trips with the grandsons. I make allowances for grunting answers eg "Do you want to go to the lake?" A barely audible "Sure" is approval while "Sure" at 1/4 decibel louder is wild enthusiasm. I also understand why the younger generation is so angry - their music is such crap.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.529 seconds