Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
4 years 3 months ago #205678 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Sometimes Sayings.
"He wants to run a business, he couldn't run a chocko vine over a shit house."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #205712 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Another absolutely true one:-

A few years ago, my elder Daughter, her partner and toddler Son moved into a rented house. The yard was reasonably tidy except for a huge blackberry bush that Daughter wanted to clear but she would not start because there was a large dead dog in the bush. Her partner was not game to remove it and several friends also declined. Daughter contacted the local Council who refused to come. An animal rescue place also refused and a man who advertised he would remove rubbish quoted her hundreds of dollars, which she could not afford.
Eventually I offered to remove it, so I loaded the car with shovel, rake, sacks, large plastic bags and a facemask.
With trepidation, I went to the blackberry bush and looked at the largish, white fluffy dog. I was surprised that there was no bad smell. As I leaned over the bush, I saw a cloth tag attached to the dog's leg. The message on the tag read "Made in Hong Kong" I reached the rake into the bush and carried the stuffed toy dog into the house to show Daughter. She was embarased and even now we occasionally tease her about "Hayley's dead dog"

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 3 months ago #205731 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
4 years 3 months ago #205799 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Attachments:

More
4 years 3 months ago #205824 by Morris
Another completely true one:-
Bullschmit Baffles Brains.
(we are not allowed to write rude words or we may be prosecuted for "Using a carriage service for indecent purposes")

Last Tuesday, I was using mate's forklift to move my stuff in his shed when I ran out of gas. (LPG, propane mix or whatever you call it, Brocky45) No spare bottle so put empty bottle in boot (trunk, Brocky?) of my petrol (gasoline, Brocky?) powered car and went to nearby service station. Had a little trouble getting gas to flow but on third attempt, it started filling bottle. Pump cut out at just over 14 litres, so I went to pay. Young lady at cash register said "I could not see (on the CCTV) your badge, so I had to shut down the pump as I thought you might be filling a camping bottle and we are not allowed by law to fill them. (I know that is true. They are not allowed to fill forklift bottles, either) I played dumb (not difficult for me) and said what is the badge, is that the little diamond shaped thing on the numberplate? I lied that i had just had the car converted to gas and this was the first time I had filled it. She said I should go back to the people who fitted the conversion and demand they fit the badges. I said I would but I can never take a gas bottle to that servo again.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
4 years 3 months ago #205828 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Oh you are naughty, Morris.

More
4 years 3 months ago #205837 by Morris
Yair, ain't I a Stinker?
I don't have a forklift licence either. I learned to drive one before the licences were available (or required) here.

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
4 years 3 months ago #205858 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I had a forklift license for when I used to fit tyres to them, then left that industry and still had the license but never heard about getting in touch with the authorities to keep it up to date and now it has been cancelled along with all my earthmoving tickets as well.
I love it when they make changes and tell no one, NOT!

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 3 months ago #205878 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Morris & Cobbadog, I got my forklift licence many years ago, it was the DLI blue book type, FOR LIFE they said....
Until someone decided that it's a 'High Risk' occupation and now I have a lovely plastic card with my picha on it and have to pay a fee every 5 years. But the worst part is to do the update I must get a new picha on a new card and take 100 points of ID to the Post Office to pay. FFS.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
4 years 3 months ago #205884 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sometimes Sayings.
My earth moving tickets were a piece of off white cardboard about 8" across and 6" high. Forklift one was added to it, or so they say but I did pass the tests but never got any confirmation. At the same time when a truck pulled up at a factory with a mobile hydraulic press behind it that pushed out 150 tons specifically for fitting tyres, not one place asked to see my ticket. I did this work for just over 9 years but the last 4 were then in sales side not fitting.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds