Dima in Ukraine

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234336 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234343 by Dima Ukraine
Replied by Dima Ukraine on topic Dima in Ukraine
The fifty-fifth day of Ukraine's war against fascist russia. Yesterday, in an evening address to the nation, President Zelensky announced the beginning of a major offensive by russian fascists in eastern Ukraine. It has begun!Facts.
1. A week ago, President Biden announced $800 million to purchase weapons for Ukraine, including artillery.
2. Just today, our instructors will go overseas for training in the maintenance of these artillery systems.
3. After the training, Ukrainian instructors will come to Ukraine and begin training Ukrainian soldiers.
4. An entire week has been lost, during which thousands of Ukrainian civilians have died.
And this is just one episode about the supply of weapons to Ukraine. Germany has not even wanted to allow arms transit to Ukraine since the beginning of the war, and now it is not against providing arms to Ukraine itself. How much more time does it take for the world to realize that the third world war has already begun? Is it really necessary to wait until the missiles of russian fascists hit one of the NATO countries? Isn't it obvious that the russian fascists must be destroyed now, before they start shooting at Poland, the Czech Republic, or maybe even Germany, for putin it makes no difference. Who will guarantee that russian fascists will not commit an act of terrorism in Berlin? I repeat, the russians are not warriors, they are barbarians who destroy everything and destroy freedom-loving peoples. It is time to put an end to this. NATO must provide Ukraine with weapons before it's too late! russian fascists do not let the civilians out of the city of Mariupol. More than a hundred thousand civilians are surviving in the basements of the completely destroyed city, their chances of survival are getting smaller by the hour! My friends, I ask you to spread the word about the need to arm Ukraine wherever possible.
Glory to Ukraine!
And these are the losses of the russian fascists on the morning of April 19!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234345 by Dodgeydude
Replied by Dodgeydude on topic Dima in Ukraine
Just to stick with the theme, no doubt you have seen this before.

Thanks Morris for suggesting the stamps idea. I and I’m sure others collected stamps as kids, mine are ‘somewhere” in the shed along with many other treasures. I moved on and started competitive small bore rifle shooting by 12yo and done that for a long time. I then moved on to a Military Rifle competition using Dads old 3oh and had a great time shooting in comp’s around most of Oz. Currently shooting ISSF pistols.
The next bit might be offensive for some so stop reading when your level is reached.
So it was natural for me to think about what could I do to help Dima? Send Bullets! Of course the logistics are not easy but buying from a dealer in Poland and getting them to transport might work but they could not guarantee delivery. In my research I discovered the USA alone had sent 50 million rounds, that would probably be enough I think. Keep in mind for WW2 the USA fired off 41 billion.
Next thing I thought was this is a truck forum and no doubt trucks are being used to transport supplies around the country and evacuating people. Is there a truckie anywhere who doesn’t need fuel and tyres? So my next thought was this truck club could maybe send some cash to those blokes. Not really trusting the big fundraisers I would like to send some money to Dima and let him sort out where it goes. Might be a simplistic naive plan but some time the little things work.
So Morris did you ever get a bank account for Dima? Someone here experienced with safe international money transfer? Pension Day tomorrow and I want/need to do something.

Many useful things fall off trucks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zuffen, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234364 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Dima in Ukraine
Dodgydude, I do not trust the big fund raisers either, because they rip off so much for their "overheads," big offices, salaries and cars, etc. I like your idea of the club sending money.
I have not yet received bank details but it will take a few days for Dima to arrange it, as he has a full time job and spends all his free time helping his country's war effort.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 2 weeks ago - 2 years 2 weeks ago #234366 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
It appears we might be looking at a big conventional battlefield scenario not seen for many decades with hundreds of thousands of troops engaged simultaneously.

Critical Assessment April 19
www.criticalthreats.org/analysis/russian...-assessment-april-19
Last edit: 2 years 2 weeks ago by Lang.

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234377 by Dima Ukraine
The fifty-sixth day of Ukraine's war against fascist russia. Mariupol is a Hero City!
Facts:
1. The exact number of dead civilians is unknown. When it was possible to record the number of dead civilians, there were more than 3.5 thousand bodies. At that time about 10% of the city was destroyed. Now the city is completely destroyed, and experts sound the figure of 30 thousand dead civilians. This is true genocide.
2. After the rescue services were unable to clear the rubble of houses destroyed by the russian fascists due to constant shelling, civilians were buried alive under the rubble.
In order to hide the traces of their atrocities, russian fascists burn the bodies of murdered Ukrainians in mobile crematoriums.
3. The russian fascists organized filtration camps, after passing through which civilians in Mariupol are sent to depressed areas of russia. Those who do not agree to cooperate with the russian fascists are tortured and shot!
4. Male civilians are forced to fight against the Ukrainian army under the threat of being shot.
5. Now russian fascists forbid to bury Ukrainians, bodies are taken away and burned in crematoria.
6. There is no water, food, medicine in the city... Nothing.
7. During the entire war, the russian fascists did not allow the Ukrainian authorities to bring humanitarian aid to the city and take out women, children and the elderly.
8. The place where the Ukrainian military is now, about a thousand civilians with children, more than half a thousand wounded is the Azovstal plant, the russian fascists started bombing it with anti-bunker three-ton bombs.
9. The rrussian fascists are committing genocide against the Ukrainian people.
We will win, but at what cost.
Glory to Ukraine!
And these are the losses of russian fascists on the fifty-sixth day of the war.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234389 by Dima Ukraine

Dodgydude, I do not trust the big fund raisers either, because they rip off so much for their "overheads," big offices, salaries and cars, etc. I like your idea of the club sending money.
I have not yet received bank details but it will take a few days for Dima to arrange it, as he has a full time job and spends all his free time helping his country's war effort.

Morris.
You are right, my friends. Volunteering takes up a lot of my time right now. But it is the least I can do for my country. Tonight I go on night duty to guard the humanitarian aid warehouses. Tomorrow afternoon I will find out about the possibilities of my payroll card and will let you know the details. I am very grateful for your support my friends. If everything works out, I will send you photo reports about how the money is used. There are so many needs right now ranging from refueling equipment to buying pickup trucks to put machine guns on them. By comparison my teaching salary today is $400 and a gallon of diesel is $1.2. So my financial resources are limited.
Glory to Ukraine!
Glory to Australia!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234400 by Lang

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234405 by Dima Ukraine
The fifty-seventh day of Ukraine's war against fascist russia.
Facts:
1. The city of Mariupol (the Azovstal plant, where Ukrainian military and civilians were hiding in bomb shelters) was bombed with three-ton bombs by russian Nazi Tu-22 strategic bombers.
2. The corridor for the withdrawal of civilians from Mariupol failed again yesterday due to constant shelling by the russian fascists.
3. The crematoria of the russian fascists cannot cope with the burning of the bodies of peaceful Ukrainians, which are taken by trucks outside the city and buried in thirty-meter-long mass graves. The genocide of Ukrainians continues.
4. In eastern Ukraine a fierce offensive by russian fascists continues, but our army effectively repels the attacks. Unfortunately, we are losing in the sky. The russian fascists are simultaneously attacking and bombing Ukrainian army positions with dozens of planes.
5. If the skies were closed over Ukraine, our army would have gone on a counteroffensive long ago.
Glory to Ukraine!
And these are the losses of russian fascists as of the morning of April 21.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, werkhorse, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 weeks ago #234431 by Lang

Time to create page: 1.087 seconds