Skip to main content

Dima in Ukraine

More
1 year 11 months ago #234582 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Dima in Ukraine
Presumably you won't be answering any e-mails suffixed with .ru. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234583 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Dima in Ukraine

Terry, can the forum set up an account we can donate into and the forum forward the donations to Dima's account? I for one have never made an internet bank transfer.

Whist I'm Not Terry..!
I'll answer on behalf of the Forum.. The Short answer is NO..

It's best If you PM Dima Direct, or We Mods can forward interested Parties Dima's Details directly to You..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by hayseed. Reason: typo

More
1 year 11 months ago #234588 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Dima in Ukraine
Terry, can the forum set up an account we can donate into and the forum forward the donations to Dima's account? I for one have never made an internet bank transfer.[/quote]

It is something that would have to go through the HCVCA committee and all the stuff you can image dealing with a Committee entails and added to the fact that the AGM for the HCVCA is being held tonight there maybe be one or new faces changing so it could take awhile to get anything discussed, passed and set up etc.

You might have to visit a branch and give them the details available, the important thing being the account number and the SWIFT # which is the international Bank to Bank transfer system, www.swift.com/ , so it is possibly not something you can do from your normal local inter bank transfer on your internet banking service. There may be other genuine paths to donate funds that take Paypal or Stripe type payments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234589 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Dima in Ukraine

Presumably you won't be answering any e-mails suffixed with .ru. ;)

Only answering the ones with buxom girls wanting to date, cheap viagara pills(see first item) and investment opportunities that require my bank details. :)
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234599 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Dima in Ukraine
If you trust Dima the best way is to go to the Post Office (and many other places) give them the money for transfer via Western Union. They give you a secret code which you then send to Dima via Messenger, WhatsApp, Email or phone him. Within 2 hours the cash will be available at his closest Western Union place.

The charges are probably less than bank transfer and certainly almost no paperwork or long delays.

Start on a $50 transfer to see there is no problem. Fast efficient instant cash. My biggest Western Union transfer was $US22,000 to buy some vehicles in Mongolia. Bev put the money in at the post office in Brisbane, came home and rang me with the secret number. Less than an hour from her handing the money over in Brisbane I was standing in the street in Ulaan Baatar with $US 22,000 cash in my pocket.

Never, Ever, Ever send money by Western Union to pay for anything to a supplier or someone you do not know personally or have not verified. Once you hand over the secret code the money is gone, no redress, no comebacks or complaints, do not pass go do not collect $200!

This shows how the banks rip you off and how cheap Western Union are (they all make money on the exchange rates which none of them talk about). Australia Post is the most convenient WU agent for most Australians but you will find them at travel agencies and many other places, particularly in tourist areas.

www.westernunion.com/blog/en/au-money-transfer-fees/

PS Many people are not aware Western Union operates within Australia not just international. If you need to send money to someone who does not have an e-bank account or they want it within the hour you can both leave for your closest post office (or WU agent), Within 10 minutes they will get the cash over the counter once you text or phone them with the magic number. $50 or $50,000 makes no difference. so long as the issuer has sufficient cash on hand. Most banks are WU agents as well.

Lang
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dima Ukraine, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234604 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Dima in Ukraine
Dima, many ordinary Russians are sympathetic to Ukraine's plight and fiercely anti-Putin. Some have had to leave their homeland and others are in custody, for expressing their legitimate anti war/Putin views. For every person prepared to state their anti stance, there must be hundreds who are not prepared to demonstrate.
Any semblance of democracy in Russia is a myth, as is demonstrated by Putin's systematic elimination of all opposition or threat to him.
Don't judge all Russians using that egotistical, murderous bastard as a benchmark.

Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by V8Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris, PaulFH, asw120, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234608 by Dima Ukraine
Replied by Dima Ukraine on topic Dima in Ukraine
Sixty-fourth day of the heroic confrontation of the Ukrainian people against the russian fascists. I can't stop thinking about the city of Mariupol! There are already over 600 wounded of varying degrees of severity who need emergency medical care. Today a heavy bomb hit the basement where the wounded were. In addition, more than a thousand women and children need help that is almost impossible to provide. As I suspected, the U.N. Secretary General's trip to fascist russia was not going to do any good. We hoped that he could negotiate a green corridor for the people of Mariupol. The commander of the Marines asks for a procedure that Hitler allowed during World War II so that hundreds of thousands of British and French soldiers could get out of encirclement in 1940. Unfortunately, we understand that putin is Satan, and he will not let people out of the encirclement. Now Ukraine has begun to receive weapons, including artillery and armored vehicles, but we need planes to make the breakthrough, we really need assault aviation!
Glory to Ukraine!
And these are russian fascist losses as of October 28!
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #234609 by Dima Ukraine

Dima, many ordinary Russians are sympathetic to Ukraine's plight and fiercely anti-Putin. Some have had to leave their homeland and others are in custody, for expressing their legitimate anti war/Putin views. For every person prepared to state their anti stance, there must be hundreds who are not prepared to demonstrate.
Any semblance of democracy in Russia is a myth, as is demonstrated by Putin's systematic elimination of all opposition or threat to him.
Don't judge all Russians using that egotistical, murderous bastard as a benchmark.

I understand it with my mind. But I find it hard to take away the hatred after what the Russian fascists have done to my country. One recent example of Russian atrocities! A ten-year-old boy from the Kiev region was able to talk to a psychologist at his third session. His thirteen-year-old sister was raped before his eyes. The boy miraculously survived. He said his goal in life was to learn how to kill! And when he grows up he will kill Russians until there is not a single Russian left on earth! There are thousands of such children with damaged psyche! So don't let any Russian be offended if in ten years he or some other Ukrainian kid who survived the atrocities of Russian fascists, meets a Russian! Let the Russians who don't support the war figure out how to remove hatred from our hearts and how long it will take!
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Dima Ukraine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 11 months ago #234610 by Dima Ukraine

If you trust Dima the best way is to go to the Post Office (and many other places) give them the money for transfer via Western Union. They give you a secret code which you then send to Dima via Messenger, WhatsApp, Email or phone him. Within 2 hours the cash will be available at his closest Western Union place.

The charges are probably less than bank transfer and certainly almost no paperwork or long delays.

Start on a $50 transfer to see there is no problem. Fast efficient instant cash. My biggest Western Union transfer was $US22,000 to buy some vehicles in Mongolia. Bev put the money in at the post office in Brisbane, came home and rang me with the secret number. Less than an hour from her handing the money over I was standing in the street in Ulaan Baatar with $US 22,000 cash in my pocket.

Never, Ever, Ever send money by Western Union to pay for anything to a supplier or someone you do not know personally or have not verified. Once you hand over the secret code the money is gone, no redress, no comebacks or complaints, do not pass go do not collect $200!

This shows how the banks rip you off and how cheap Western Union are (they all make money on the exchange rates which none of them talk about). Australia Post is the most convenient WU agent for most Australians but you will find them at travel agencies and many other places, particularly in tourist areas.

www.westernunion.com/blog/en/au-money-transfer-fees/

Lang
The bank suggested I use Western Union too! If it's more convenient, you can do it that way.

More
1 year 11 months ago #234621 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.628 seconds