Skip to main content

Queensland Floods

More
13 years 4 months ago #41902 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Queensland Floods
This the next suburb over from where I live. Fairfield. The first one is Farfield Gardens shopping centre.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41903 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic Re: Queensland Floods
www.ustream.tv/channel/south-east-qld-flood-scanner

Will give you the emergency services channel, but be warned, I have spent hours listening to this!

And they have got more looters about! >:(

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

13 years 4 months ago #41904 by
Replied by on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Cam

Great to hear all is safe and dry, thats about as high as you would want the water, just at the gate.
Keep safe.

Trevor

13 years 4 months ago #41905 by
Replied by on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Cam - Good to hear and see that you've escaped without getting a very wet workshop. I see where the flood peak was 4.46M, over a metre less than the 5.5m predicted.
It looks like the Wivenhoe Dam has done it's designed task, and the level has been kept well below the 1974 peak of 5.45M.
You certainly wouldn't want to see the 8.43M level of the 1841 floods, again! .. :o

On the bright side, perhaps the sales of tilt trays will boom? Going to be an awful lot of wrecked vehicles to pick up .. :(

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41906 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Just saw our old shed at Andrew st Rocklea on the news, or to be more specific, just the roof of it. One thing I was amazed at was the amount of sight seers when I stayed down the shed, I was there from Tuesday through until today, yesterday it was like Queen st, don't get me wrong, I'm one of the first to have a sticky beak, but a lot of them drive down the steet flat out, give you no room etc. I had a 6V53 and gearbox on a chassis cut hanging off one of my forklifts testerday afternoon, and was reversing up the street so I could see where I was going, and I had them trying to go round me and carrying on, it's only about 300m up the road, I couldn't see what thier hurry was, when all they are doing is driving around looking at water. Some DH opened a gate let the Deens cattle out as well, they where walking around at midnight with some fools in utes trying to herd them.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41907 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Queensland Floods
No doubt about it, the clowns come out every time stuff like this happens. Glad to hear your ok and all your stuff has been spared.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41908 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: Queensland Floods
We had the same in Mackay when it flooded mate, heaps of cars out mostly 4wd's creating huge bow waves that came through under the hose splashing the floor boards. Its funny how the good and the bad come out at these times, or it may be that we dont notice until the focus is on helping the next person.

Glad to see you made it through BC, I was going to call the MACK man on the number you sent me this week but think its best to leave it for a few weeks until everyone gets over the shock.

One thing I did notice when the waters receded here was the change in peoples attitude when the mud was washed away. While it was there they seemed beaten but as it was washed off and water logged rubbish removed they seen the light.

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41909 by Rusty Engines
Replied by Rusty Engines on topic Re: Queensland Floods
As I said in an early post we up north, Mackay north to the tip are running out of food, well today a Air Force Globe Master? Landed in Townsville full of food and Woolworths said that they have a convoy of 13 B Doubles which have gone from Sydney? to Bourke then north to end up at Hughenden then back down to the coast at Townsville and from here we can supply Mackay to Cairns
The news tonight said that the Army in putting in a massive effort to kept us supplied, don
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by Rusty Engines.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41910 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Good to see you were able to come through the floods in one piece and no damage or losses (Notice that the new project was not left in he shed)
Geoffb

More
13 years 4 months ago #41911 by paul404
Replied by paul404 on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Its not only Mackay north running out of food. Rockhampton is still cut off to the south and the west. When Gympie was cut and Toowoomba was hit that put an end to aternitave routes which has led to panic buying so everywhere between gympie and Rockhampton are low.

Rockhampton is due to be accesable to trucks only to get supplies through to the north at 4pm tommorrow. this will bring the total time Rockhampton has been isolated to the south and west to 13days.

I have been lucky to continue working as i work out of Gracemere. My partner Kathryn has done 2 days out of Gladstone taking pineapples off the barge south but that stopped when the southeast was hit. Pineapples are going ripe everywhere with no way to get them out. This afternoon Gympie was open so i drove her to Gladstone to pick up her B-double of pines so she can shuttle them to Gympie and return with a B-double load of goods just for Gracemere.

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds