• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 4 months ago #41932 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Queensland Floods

Big C
Gudday M8

Gr8 pix of a disastrous situation

looks like Near maps Have got sum early pix (13-01-2011)

www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.457026,153.068304&z=14&t=h&nmd=20110113

just clik n scroll
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41933 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Thanks Swishy, I've been checking out the aftermath for the last couple of days moving gear around on a borrowed Tilt Tray. As soon as I put that map to full size it goes back to 12 sept.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41934 by Malfunction
Replied by Malfunction on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Was told today Brisbane Truck Centre had 120 vehicles to move, They are on the other side of the creek from MB.
They had 2 bus Chassis and a customers truck on hoists, unfortunately they would have needed to be on skyhooks to keep out of the water.
We, Qld Omnibus & Coach Society have several buses on the edge of the aerodrome, with more good luck than management, they were getting ready to dip their 10.00's in the water :-[

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41935 by bigcam
Since Saturday morning I've been borrowing Titeline Energy's Tilt Tray off and on and loaning gear or moving it around for people off and on. There has been some interesting sights. The first pic is All Fleet Services shed, they had a tallow tanker in there that floated through the roof. Around the corner at Gill and Co's Timber yard the same thing has happened with packs of timber which has also severley damaged thier shed.

Next one is Priority Power Steering, they have thrown out $200,000+ of stock, brand new steering box's etc. This stuff is out of the shed.

Next one is Orix

Next one is a shed off Franklin st, the guys in the shed next door make event displays and stands, this is about 4 months of thier work, and $1m+ no insurance. They are trying to get it to dump it with a forklift.

Last one is Titelines big Mack, erm, Ovlov, with a load of drowned forklifts, still dripping with sump oil from when the water went down.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by bigcam.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41936 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Only noticed this thread now - I understand none of the forum members suffered injury or worse.

Hope no further damage is caused, this is unbelievable.

Best regards,

T

More
13 years 4 months ago #41937 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Queensland Floods
im heading to qld tomorrow or thursday ..any idea what condition the pacific highway is in ?
ken

More
13 years 4 months ago #41938 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Probably the same ,except the potholes are now closer together ;D . One thing i noticed up here ,while the highway through Rockhampton was closed ,There was not a flash for cash to be seen,Soon as the roads were reopened they were back out in force .Ian .

More
13 years 4 months ago #41939 by kenny-mopar
Replied by kenny-mopar on topic Re: Queensland Floods
yeah if you were a volunteer ..they would book you on the way to a emergency . . mutual respect has long been lost i think :'(

More
13 years 4 months ago #41940 by bigcam
Had to laugh the other day, a whinging tipper driver was whining about something flying off another tipper on the UHF, and that he should have his load covered. A couple of other blokes put it into perspective for the prescous bugger. At the time there was that much crap on the steets and footpath's no one would notice. I havn't seen any tippers bother to cover thier loads, and the coppers arn't interested at all.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41941 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Queensland Floods
G'day Bigcam,
Going by the news reports that we were getting down here in soggy downtown Victoria, there was a day or two notice that the floods up there were going to be as bad or worse than 74'. This begs the question, why were so many trucks left to drown. I realise emptying a factory and moving machinery is a whole different story, but surely moving trucks etc to high ground would have made sense particularly when their livelyhood depends on them.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by ray.

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds