Skip to main content

Queensland Floods

More
13 years 4 months ago #41912 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Cam, how have truck yards and factories fared?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41913 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Queensland Floods
I havn't had a chance to look around too much, though I think Western Star moved all thier very early on. Cousins moved all thier cars to the Rocklea showgrounds, where it is normally fine, then they went under anyway. Most in Rocklea get a bit nervous after some decent rain anyway. I was surprised by a few people in our street didn't believe it was coming. After showing them the projected flood map in the paper launched a few into action. I must have seen at least 4 bloke with dumpy level's in the street trying to work out projected levels. I didn't think it was really something that could be classed as too much of an exact science.

13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #41914 by
Replied by on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Cheers Swish, but the Red Cross site wont work from here.

Anyone in the Brisvegas NW area..
Uncle /Aunt Age Mid 80's.
Both a bit crook.

Any news would be appreciated.

Cheers
RS :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #41915 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Hi Roland, think you better stop worrying about them getting their feet wet, unless they like taking a shower.

That address you gave out, it's way up near the top of Mt Cootha.

If the Brisbane river EVER got to that height, then NOAH has done a " Lazarus ". :o

If you have GOOGLE maps on your computer, then do a search and you'll see how high they are above sea level.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
13 years 4 months ago #41916 by Daninmky
Replied by Daninmky on topic Re: Queensland Floods
Yeah shelves are empty, front page material. Steak and Egg in every can anyway so its ok ;)

2 Blondes Walked into a Building.......neither of them seen it.....BOOM  BOOM!!!&&A blo

13 years 4 months ago #41917 by
Thanks Greenie,
But they were flooded a couple of years ago :o

Cheers

13 years 4 months ago #41918 by
Roland

This may be your best place to start

www.redcross.org.au

Trevor

More
13 years 4 months ago #41919 by greenie
Replied by greenie on topic Re: Queensland Floods

Thanks Greenie,
But they were flooded a couple of years ago :o

Cheers

NO, they were in the path of what could only be described as a MINI CYCLONE, it was an extremely severe wind storm followed by a fair bit of rain. There was a lot of water run off from the hills around there and possibly they had some of that through their house. There were a lot of houses that had the roof torn of and the inside of the houses were then pelted with rain, BUT NO FLOOD could ever reach that height.

If it did flood at The Gap, then the whole world be covered in about 1000 feet of water, so stop worrying about them.

Better still, give them a bell, wish them a belated merry Xmas and get the info you require, straight from the horses mouth, not from the horses @R$#. ;D

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
13 years 4 months ago #41920 by bigcam
Hi all, I had a look over the side of Ipswich rd today, a very sad scene. I've got a few mates over there. Another amazing thing was that that Blacks (Iveco) and Mercedes didn't move a thing. Check out the high tide mark on the Argosy.

More
13 years 4 months ago #41921 by bigcam
Aparently MB took all the new trucks out, but left the second hand ones. I've been told, Zupps, the UD and Fuso dealer didn't bother moving anything either.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds