Skip to main content

International 554/564 Tractor

More
1 year 1 week ago #244995 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic International 554/564 Tractor
That is what I was thinking. With the old type system it is true series and every plug shares the power as though they are one unit as it is not earthed until it reaches the last plug, causing a big voltage drop (to stop burning them out?). One out - all out.

With a common top wire between individual plugs the wire is acting as a bus-bar feeding the full 12 volts to everybody. One out 3 still in action.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #244998 by cobbadog
Thats why when possible I like parallel wires over series but in that case there appers to be no choice unless you make a lot of new heavy wires

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249417 by 180wannabe
Suggestion for Lang.  I was recently told that automatic transmission fluid is as good as/the same thing as injector cleaner. 

I have done a huge amount of front end loader work with my 564 tractor over the last 10 weeks, and so i have been adding 300ml of ATF to every tank of diesel.  The tractor seems to start more easily and cleanly since i have been doing this.  It still needs pre-heating with the glow plugs exactly the same, but it fires and runs smooth sooner than it used to.

Same amount added to my 2004 Hilux ute has made a considerable improvement to how it starts.  Main surprise here was that it increased the kilometres per tank full by about 8%. 

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, oliver1950

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249418 by Oilman
ATF is absolutely nothing like injector cleaner and I could see no reason why adding it to fuel would have any positive impact. It is made up of light base oil(s) with polymer as a VI improver, friction modifiers to get the correct clutch slip and a few other things. None that I can see that would clean injectors. But if it works for you, keep on using it...........

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, wee-allis

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249433 by asw120
I had heard of people using it as an engine flush, since it supposedly has strong detergent in it. Could just be an old wives' tale?

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #249457 by cliffo
As Brett has stated i fully agree with all he has said as I have been doing this for 20 or more years with similar results. Not doing it to common rail high pressure systems
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe

More
4 months 3 weeks ago - 4 months 3 weeks ago #249462 by 180wannabe
Dad was here the other day, and so i mentioned to him what i had been told about putting ATF in diesel, and that i had tried it in my FEL and Hilux with good results, and he said "oh yes, such and such down the road has been doing that for years............!"

This has reminded me of an Uncle who would often put a quart of engine oil in a tank full of diesel in his main tractor, and header, when they were being worked hard and/or in hot conditions.  He reckoned it lessened exhaust smoke so had to be doing good.  I tried it a few times on heavy cultivation work, but found no benefit.

Brett.
Last edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by 180wannabe. Reason: add detail

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds