Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
3 years 3 months ago #218050 by Pierre
Progress is progress PDU, taking shape, nice work.
I'm a bit unsure as to what that slotted plate is for? Is that to take the cross-members?:huh:

I've been in hospital for 10 days now so I wouldn't have been able to do anything with the head anyway PDU. :(
Hopefully out tomorrow, will touch base with you in the next few weeks & see how the land lies. ;)

cheers
Pierre

cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218058 by PDU
Swishy: BDU? Brit down under, Bedford down under, or, hopefully not, bastard down under!? Or was it just a bit of poor typing, although the P and B are a long way apart for simple error?

Hopefully you are feeling better Pierre and you'll be playing with your K Type again soon.

Which brings me to the proof that something has happened . . . under the bonnet there have been some changes, many waiting for copious grinding and tidying up. Accelerator linkage and choke mechanisms to be sorted tomorrow hopefully. The hole in my added piece of bulkhead will have a cover over it eventually, hiding the instruments, wiring, etc.

Inside, the original manually operated solenoid is back in place and although the seats are in they still need the rear mountings to be finalised. At least I have a seat for my initial drive on the 20th(?). :unsure:

Rear framework is bodgied into position by clamps, props, magnets, gravity and good luck - ready for welding and a wee bit more finessing around the rear step and spare wheel access. :blink:

It doesn't appear to have much wheel clearance at the back of the tyre, but that is purely because of the piece of angle iron holding the tube in place - there is a good inch of clearance achieved by using the bit of tubing up against the wheel. ;)

And finally two longitudinal members have replaced the partial crossmembers (were they the slotted plate you were referring to Pierre?). The crossmember in front of the rear axle, that these two longitudinals connect to has been given angle iron mountings up the sides of the chassis similar to those crossmembers in front of it.

Phew, perhaps I have been doing something after all? :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 years 3 months ago #218062 by wee-allis
Pom, I think the "slotted plate" Pierre was looking at is a snap of the end of your sliding bevel gauge over the top of a tyre in a previous photo.
Could be wrong, it's been known to happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 3 months ago #218066 by PDU
Yeah, you could be right with that wee-allis :huh: :oops:

I must admit the measurements are less than clear, but I have had it for 55 years . . .

More
3 years 3 months ago #218072 by Morris
PDU, I have noticed that Swishy has been calling you BDU for a long time and I have been waiting to see his thinking behind that. "Buddy Down Under, Builder Down Under" or what?

How about putting us all out of our misery and telling us what the body on the Bedphid is to be? Is it a mobile food van/market stall, a motorhome for short people, a hearse, a mobile billboard, or what?

Maybe you could copy Swishy and let the person who guesses correctly have a beer from his very own fridge.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #218073 by Swishy
Morrie m80
PDU = Pom Down Under
BDU = Big Down Under
if u get my drift

WAG may B BDU V: of a tub truck

WotSez U?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Swishy.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218080 by cobbadog
Fire engine body?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 3 months ago #218081 by Pierre
wee-allis/PDU, I was referring to the slotted plate highlighted in red (see photo)?

cheers
Pierre

Pierre
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #218082 by Pierre
I now can see it's a tyre as corrected. My mistake, sorry guys' :silly: :blink:
cheers
Pierre

Pierre