Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
3 years 2 months ago #218827 by bel
Hi PDF
I have a pair of o type front guards some rust from memory around park light area
Will take photos next time I am at farm , I am located near Ballarat ph 0427506552
Bel
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218840 by cobbadog
What you should do is invite your mates around with their trailers and do your shed.
I was invite to a BBQ once a long time back. When I asked what time do you want us there he said 9.00am, we have to build it first.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218886 by PDU
The Men's Shed cleans out sheds for people who are moving out/selling/getting too old to do it themselves, or wanting to knock down (which we do also). It is often done simply for what the shed contains (old, interesting, valuable, saleable) or for a reasonable donation. ;)

Much as I would like to call on the assistance in my shed I have a few problems cobbadog:
1. I do not fit into the moving out/selling/getting too old to do it themselves category.
2. I do not want it knocked down, and . . .
3. What I have that is old, interesting, valuable, or saleable I want to hang onto myself, which only leaves . . .
4. The reasonable donation, and as I'm a tight bastard at the best of times, that is never going to happen!

Consequently it will get done when I can do it myself, which no doubt will be later than sooner (:huh:) the way the weather is at the moment, as I just can't work for too long in the heat anymore. :(
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218889 by Lang
I am always amused when advisers (usually family or someone whose house is as sterile as an operating theatre or as empty as Swishy's beer fridge) tell someone they should sell all the stuff in the shed because it is unfair on their kids having to clean out trailer loads of junk when they die.

FFS he is leaving the ungrateful little bastards a million dollar home and they want him to save them a couple of weekends work or a phone call to a scrappy. Tellem, f... em!

Same goes for the unbelievable rort of funeral insurance. "I don't want my children to worry about funeral costs" They will be too busy changing the title on my million dollar home into their own name! How can there be enough morons out there buying funeral insurance to keep numerous insurance companies rolling in profits?

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, cobbadog, tim, Morris, 235mack, asw120, V8Ian, oliver1950

More
3 years 2 months ago #218893 by hayseed
Lang, by far the BIGGEST rort with Funeral Insurance is that some of them Mature at a certain age ... By reaching the Maturity Date cover ceases.

Choice magazine did a Review them a few years ago.. Almost as bad as pet insurance..

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 years 2 months ago #218898 by PDU
Am I missing something Lang, what has insurance got to do with it? :unsure:

More
3 years 2 months ago #218900 by Lang
PDU
It has to do with people being urged to sell their loved "junk" or spend money on funeral insurance to save their heirs some minor inconvenience while receiving hundreds of thousands worth of inherited estate.

Lang

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218902 by PDU
Are you suggesting that our Men's Shed is doing this?

That is not the case at all; it is often quite sensible older people making a decision to simply clean up. They approach us to see if we can help them, realising that if we don't do it the stuff will just lie there and rot.

We do all sorts of little jobs also, purely for a donation only. This includes the odd bit of lawn mowing, for $10 or $20, instead of the $50+ that a regular lawn mowing man might charge. Fixing shade cloth, blinds, verandah posts, broken lamps, are some of the things I have done - sometimes at no charge. So what does any of this have to do with insurance?
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by PDU.

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218903 by Lang
No, that is stuff going from people who appreciate it to someone else who appreciates it or can convert it into cash for a good cause close to the donor's heart. If it is instigated by the donor/seller that is great but if it is at the urging of others to save some minor inconvenience or cost then pressured disposal and funeral insurance are in the same category.

Lang
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 2 months ago #218914 by cobbadog
You would think that if you are an active meber of the Mens Shed that they would help one of their own clean up and at the same conditions and price as they charge others, that is what helping others is about I thought.
As for funeral funds, we could not believe it when Mum passed away up here and the Sydney fund came good with out question and did everything as they said they would. Dad lived another 10 years and only 2 years before he passed the fund rang him and although he was paying something like $20.00/year and had done so for all his married working life they said that he really had paid well above what he was obliged to do and said they would still care for him at the right time but no need for any further payment. We strongly suggested that he continued his payments, he did, and again they were absolutely wonderful and did the right thing again.
As for us, no funeral fund, take us to the firebox do the burn out and put whats left in a 5 litre plastic oil container which is what they look like and give them to whoever cares enough to pick them up.
One thing with Funeral Directors is they are the last to let you down!
boom boom

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.571 seconds