Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
3 years 2 months ago #218503 by PDU
Then weld, and grind, etc, etc . . .
. . . it's a bit like building the Sydney Harbour Bridge - a lot going on but it doesn't look much different than it did a week ago!?

At least I've got a better idea what shape the top might be now, simply will need a wee bit more framework. :pinch: :blink:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218509 by Pierre
That's coming along nicely PDU.
Have you made that rear wing?
What have you got on the cab to prevent it from flash rusting?
cheers
Pierre

Pierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218518 by PDU
Thanks Pierre, feels like it is taking forever to me. No wings, that one (using corflute again) was purely to work out height and general shape of the psuedo fuel tank . . . Dry shed with no leaks, metal work untreated with anything other than the looped wire brush, :lol: which seems to be holding up pretty well, and hopefully will suffice until I get to the bog/paint stage.

NB Still looking for some O Type front guard; no one seems to be forthcoming with custom built ones. :unsure:

ALSO, Pierre, I'm coming down to Lodge again next Wednesday, same place as before, about 6:45 if you still want that head . . .
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

More
3 years 2 months ago #218522 by Mrsmackpaul
I can fully see the vision now, should be good and will look faster than it will ever be ;)

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 2 months ago #218536 by PDU
:lol: :lol: Of that I am fully aware Paul :lol: :lol:

The Standard Oil unit looks particularly nice, certainly more streamlined than mine will be.

NB It is highly unlikely you'll see me looking like the driver . . . :blink:

More
3 years 2 months ago #218587 by Pierre
PDU, that Standard Oil rig looks great, love those old re-fuelers.

Re the Head:- I've managed to pickup NOS valves so I won't need your old head at this stage.
Thanks again for your offer, much appreciated.

Look forward to your next progress report.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 2 months ago #218593 by PDU
More like lack of it Pierre . . . :unsure:

I've had a few days away from B for, having decided, in a weak moment, to sort through some of my accumulated debris. What a mistake; I've spent the last two days trying to make some sense of the piles of crap I'm digging out!

Tomorrow will be spent trying to clean up the resultant mess I have now created!

Despite this I was able to do some culling, took pictures of selected items, and listed them on Marketplace. End result I am now $800 better off. :woohoo:

Perhaps I might have to do a bit more culling during tomorrow labours?

More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #218806 by PDU
Another week passes and I haven't even touched the truck in passing, so I guess this is another 'lack of progress' report?! :(

Moral - Avoid "tidying" shed, leave everything where it is AND where you can find it!

However I have sold some more gear, so have been buying the odd "needed" treasure elsewhere . . .

. . . including an 8-Ball table for number three daughter (pick up - 150km, fixed a shonky leg, and delivered - 450km round trip!!). Why do we do these things?
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by PDU.

More
3 years 2 months ago #218809 by Mrsmackpaul
Im guessing the pool table will up like most of them, used as a bench

Apart from that, I guess this means you'll be well rested for next week after a week of no progress :P :P :P

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 2 months ago #218813 by PDU
I wish I was rested up Paul, and I still need to rectify the mess in my shed. Some of my spare time has been spent chasing up a picture of the Crystal Brook railway station for the Heritage Centre, 8 feet x 3 feet . . .

. . . at least it was supported nicely on the 8-Ball table.

Also, the Men's Shed has been busy cleaning out a garage (and some sheds) for an older lady. Five of us with three trailer loads, and we're only about halfway there; the tandem trailer I had was almost impossible to unhook (solo) when I was finished.

Perhaps I should apply the same effort on my own shed? :huh:
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds