Skip to main content

Cars ............................ we've owned

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #198453 by PDU
Ha ha :lol: Lang, we counted my total at about 80 or so, when I was in my 20s. and although it would be many more by now I'm certain it wouldn't even remotely meet your figure. :dry:

I missed about 3 or 4 VWs including a split window that I repowered and cut the rear wheel arches out to fit some humungus wide rims on. This ended up being swapped to counter the race horse I hit and killed!

Perhaps we are both afflicted by the same disease and I'm sure at least as many stories to go with them all? :blush:
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by PDU.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #198454 by Lang
And of that 324 not one was brand new off the showroom floor and only about 10 bought from a dealer.

Dearest car was a $150,000 1907 ITALA and the cheapest was a Series 2 Landrover for $1 and the owner threw in a full tank of fuel to get me home. Prettiest was a Series 1 3.8 E-Type (paid $3,000 in 1968), most enjoyable to drive were any of the various of Ford F trucks, most depressing were the many pommy vehicles - usually inflicted on Bev - she got really good at whacking the electric fuel pumps with the dedicated waddy in the glovebox and driving home in the rain from a late shift at the hospital with no wipers and/or lights. Of course the 50+ military vehicles had their own joys and pains.

Lang
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Lang.

More
5 years 3 months ago #198455 by PDU
Yeah, that's about right . . .

One new car and about a dozen from dealerships (but generally shonky ones!) :dry: :S

More
5 years 3 months ago #198456 by wee-allis
Lang, You win!!!!!!

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 3 months ago #198459 by Swishy
Lang m80

if each vehicle needed sum christning
th@ iz sum series DNA swapp n

:lol: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :lol:

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 3 months ago #198464 by roKWiz
75 HJ Holden panel van (Battletruck) took on a police car and won.
75 HJ Holden sedan GTS copy
76 HX Holden Panel van
77 HX Holden Sandman Panel van
77 HX Holden Panel van ground up rebuild show van
77 HZ Holden Kingswood station wagon
78 HZ Premier sedan
82 WB Holden Panel van
L300 Mitsy hippie van
93 Ford XF panel van (current van)

Did I say I like panel vans. Wish I still had this one.

Which I totally wore out and rebuilt.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #198465 by Lang
Strange how we change. From that list it looks like you would have choked on your cornflakes if anyone suggested you buy a Ford - yet, here you are!

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
5 years 3 months ago #198467 by roKWiz
Yep agree, Never thought I would own a Ford car but then I never thought I would own a Louisville, the XF is the only afFORDable panel van around these days without all the electronic crap.
Last carby engine, I disconnected the EST and use an XE type distributor.

Couldn't beat that HX courier van, I got all the best jobs due to being the fastest car in the fleet. worked 208 triple 1 3/4 SU's, Supra 5 speed , just wouldn't die.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Attachments:

More
5 years 3 months ago #198473 by Lang
Swishy

Funnily enough few of my vehicles were christened. I don't like roughing it.

Only one that comes to mind is the Simca Aronde with the full layback seats (the lady's car).

Then again there was the 53 Customline ute.
PS The Falcon XY ute
PPS Two 3.8 MK2 Jags
PPPS The .......... Jeez you might be near the mark!

Unfortunately nothing in the modern era that didn't have a real bed in it. The older I get the better I was!

:Lang

More
5 years 3 months ago #198475 by PDU
Great, thanks Lang . . . forgot all about my Series 1 XJ6 - fabulous bit of gear. Found at the back of a car lot after having checked about a dozen others; the car yard said it had a leaky exhaust, they couldn't start it, and would be happy to get it off the lot. IE Cheap ;)
After three weekends of recharging the battery and flattening it again (with failed attempts on their part to start it) After this they lost interest totally and, having left me alone, I crawled in and under it, tracing a faulty wiring connection to an "extra" switch for the auto choke. Dismantled switch, copius WD40, reconnected and it started first time!
Had that for about three years (NEVER failed to start first time ;) ) and included a head-on with my '39 Oldsmobile when the brake master cylinder failed in my driveway! :ohmy: :oops:

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds