Skip to main content

Raising the Roof - making a tilt cab of a Karrier Bantam

More
2 years 10 months ago #222587 by Dave_64
Minor setback encountered over weekend, fine tuning the towball/receivers and poly pedestals, bent the template they were sitting on and buckled them out of shape. Worked to closure of play (dark) and just about got them right but on a lot heavier plate. Just need a very light smack with a club to seat them correctly, reckon I can get it right today by adjusting the actual ball and the nylon pedestal it's sitting on. Just about got the cab locking device sorted, shaft ready to mount at lower back of cab, very simple device using the original towball locks and levers. More to be revealed.
Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222613 by jon_d
Dave,

With the bushes, have you searched though the suspension catalogues like Superpro? There may be something that gets you started.

superpro.com.au

superpro.com.au/bush-sizing
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by jon_d.

More
2 years 10 months ago #222614 by Dave_64
jon_d.
Just about got all the bushes made, bought a cupla lengths of poly and nylon rod, turned them up in my lathe here, came out OK. Thanks for the tip though. Cheers

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222733 by Dave_64
Been having a tinker in the shed since last report, sorted out the cabin lockdown, had most of the stuff kicking around (stock!)
Seems to work OK, put a few snaps up give a bit of an idea.
Bloke supposed to come and have a look at the cabin as far as rust removal goes. Really only has the two front swivel mounts to undo and the shed can be lifted off with the gantry I made. So threw a bit of a splash of grey primer on it to slow down the rust, although it is in under cover.
Having a custom built radiator made here in Ballarat, $800, which considering it cost me $700 about three years ago for the Jeep with the Ford 300 SIX, I thought was pretty good.
The 12V boat winch arrived early in the week, hooked it up as per their instructions, gave a big flash and is as dead as a dodo! Got hold of the distributor through eBay, looking into replacement as I write. That's about it until I get the radiator home, sort out the X-member for it and work out where I'm gonna put the intercooler, supposed to sit on top of the radiator, may have to get one made of them also, or adapt something more likely.
My son asked if I had a plan? "Nah, making it up as I go! That's why so many stuff ups!"
Cheers, Dave_64
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by IHScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, roKWiz, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 10 months ago #222735 by Dave_64
Still can't work out why these photos appear on their sides!
Ensured iPhone was in the correct upright position, transferred them onto the desktop. still in correct alignment, had three goes at editing them, as soon as I open the topic, they fall ass over head again!
Got me! Dave

More
2 years 10 months ago #222752 by Bluey60
Dave might be because it’s a tilt cab your making that’s tipping them over
Bluey
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 10 months ago #222754 by Dave_64
Jeez, Bluey! You could be onto something there!

More
2 years 10 months ago #222761 by cobbadog
Dave, just for amusment try taking the photos with the phone being horizontal rather than vertical. This is what I have to do to stop them falling over.
In the past I too have loaded them onto the desktop, did the editing and post them only to see them fall down.
Try it, this just might help. I even have used a texta to remind me when I open my phone cover to hold the thing horizontal.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 10 months ago #222771 by Morris
Bluey said what I said on 12th June. Photos are still tiny little ones I have to open each one individually. I have trouble tilting my head to see 'em but I manage!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
2 years 10 months ago #222810 by Sarge
Morris, I think your photo problem is your end, I am sure we have had that problem before, hopefully Terry will chime in and clear up your issue.

I think Cobba and Dave are on the solution, our forum program is reading the what it thinks is theright way of the photo, depth the operator knowing better. Hence holding the camera the other way might be the fix.

But I am only guessing.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Morris

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds