Skip to main content

Fire Trucks

More
9 years 11 months ago #133805 by 1949_pickup
Replied by 1949_pickup on topic Re: Fire Trucks
..saw this Beddy at Cooma a few weeks ago....

[IMG

...it was imported form Denmark (I think) and is in the local car clubs big shed.....

[IMG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133806 by CanAm
Replied by CanAm on topic Re: Fire Trucks
That's awesome - Love it

More
9 years 11 months ago #133807 by Tatra
Replied by Tatra on topic Re: Fire Trucks
must keep people scratching their heads in bewilderment :o

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133808 by CanAm
Replied by CanAm on topic Re: Fire Trucks
Lucky I only just saw that forum post - phew, the auction has finished - ha ha ha

(oops - in relation to DesotoDav's post)
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by CanAm.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #133809 by MattH
Replied by MattH on topic Re: Fire Trucks
A few from me

Rockingham , Queensland

I have a LOT more , I will post more later
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by MattH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Yeti

More
9 years 9 months ago #133810 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Fire Trucks
Thanks Matt, muchly appreciated!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Welcome to the forum!

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
9 years 9 months ago #133811 by Roderick Smith
Replied by Roderick Smith on topic Re: Fire Trucks
I have some photos in the events thread, which I will copy across to this more-useful thread when I get a round tuit. They are viewable at:
< www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1324857439/0#0> ;

I don't know the year or model of this one, or what happened to it when Wobbies World was closed.

Roderick B Smith
Rail News Victoria Editor

970921Su Nunawading (Melbourne, Vic.). Wobbies World, Dennis fire appliance. R Smith.

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #133812 by Roderick Smith
Copied across from the events section.

FSMV has an impressively large collection: not only vehicles, but all sorts of related equipment and memorabilia.
The public display is in the historic section of Eastern Hill Fire Station. A backstore and restoration workshop is at the former VR Newport Workshops, shared with three railway-preservation groups.
FSMV rotates the collection through the public centre, and also takes appliances to rallies.
A vintage steam pump is sent to the Melbourne Steam Club annual rally (Rowville).

The website covers many aspects, but only a sampling of vehicles through the years, not a full catalog.
home.alphalink.com.au/~fsmvic

The Newport workshop is available for inspection by appointment.
The three railway tenants have an open weekend over Labour Day long weekend every 2 years.

A few years ago there was a near disaster: the restoration workshop had a fire. It was extinguished promptly (by sprinklers? by a local brigade?); AFAIK nothing valuable was lost.

Enclosed: A view of the exterior display in 2008; most of the vehicles were indoors.

Roderick B Smith

080310M Newport fire-truck display. R Smith.

080310M Newport Workshops. Melbourne Fire Museum store. R Smith. The ladder vehicle is a Leyland

Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Roderick Smith.

More
9 years 9 months ago #133813 by Roderick Smith
Here are three copied across from the Events section.

Roderick B Smith

Sandown Park. Overland fire appliance. Su.30.11.03. (David White, Roderick Smith collection)
031130Su-HCVCrally-Overland_fireappliance-DWhite

Sandown Park. Overland fire appliance. Sun.30.11.03. (Roderick Smith)

Sandown Park. International fire appliance, with a Melbourne Fire Museum volunteer. Sun.30.11.03. (Roderick Smith)

More
9 years 9 months ago #133814 by Roderick Smith
Copied across from a different thread.

This was a major feature in Fri.23.4.10 Mildura Weekly (Vic.).
After 15 months, hundreds of hours of painstaking restoration work and many thousands of dollars, Mildura's Dave Screaton has got his original and historic old Dennis fire truck back on the road.
Compared to one of the latest CFA machines it doesn't look much, but this old engine has a great history of fire-fighting, firstly in UK, later in Sydney and also with Australian Army during the war years.
It's the second fire truck restoration for the bloke known affectionately as 'Digger Dave', following his work on an original 1952 Austin fire truck.
Dave is extremely proud that everything on the Dennis has been restored to working order, even the pumps. The only thing still missing is the fire truck's bell, and that's something the Digger hopes to obtain later this year.
A local backhoe operator and excavator, Dave admits he drops everything when the fire alarm sounds. He has been a volunteer fireman with the Irymple brigade for about eight years, and has had two stints out of the region on fire-fighting relief work.

Roderick B Smith

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds