Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

More
1 year 6 months ago #241276 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Sometimes Sayings.

A bus for smokers.......

In the fine print on the bus, it says, "In emergency, Pull Handle, Pull door to open". Does this mean that the Passengers Alight from here? Our buses have normal doors or is that section of the bus reserved for really short people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #241433 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I have seen many instances of people buying a business and immediately stopping the thing that makes it successful.
For instance, new owners took over a cafe at the end of an old arcade off the main street in my town. It had a good range of meals and always had an old-fashioned cooked "Special" every day. The majority of their customers were older people who came in for a meal they knew and did not have to cook. The new owners stopped all the cooked meals and had a menu only of sandwiches, toasted or not. All the "Oldies" stopped eating there and within six months the new owner had gone broke and closed the shop.

The above message got a bit out of hand, what I really wanted to say was that last Saturday, I was in the town of Leongatha, Victoria at lunchtime. All the parking spaces in the two blocks of the shopping streets were taken and the footpaths were thronged with people many of whom were looking for somewhere to buy lunch. One of the two Cafe's in town was closing, as they always closed at Noon. The other Cafe which has very nice food but is rather expensive, had a queue of people ordering and waiting for a table or their takeaway.

Can anybody see a missed opportunity?

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 6 months ago #241434 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Morris

Nothing better than a "Closed for Lunch" sign on a cafe door
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 6 months ago #241436 by Morris

Morris

Nothing better than a "Closed for Lunch" sign on a cafe door

The food must be OK if the staff and owners eat there. This place was not closed for lunch, they do not open again until Monday.

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang

More
1 year 6 months ago #241445 by wee-allis
Before selling up and moving down the coast, we had a small ceramic business in Sydney. I would do deliveries all over Sydney, the Central Coast, Woolongong and up to the Blue Mountains once each fortnight. To cover the increasing cost of tolls I charged each customer $5.00 per delivery, regardless of how far away they were or the size of the delivery. All were happy with the arrangement.
We would open the factory on Saturday mornings for walk in cash sales. Those sales would pay the rent for the factory for the whole week. Life was good.

We sold out to a twit, who not only decided to move the entire operation 30 kilometres away, (so no regular walk ins), but he also decided to charge the customers $5 per box of product. Some customers would order up to 10 boxes per delivery. That great little business we had built up over 8 years lasted 8 months before he shut the doors and sent most of the production equipment to the tip. Yes, they are out there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action

More
1 year 6 months ago #241451 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Getting back to sayings this recent arrival tickled my fancy.

Sex life progression in a married life:

Tri-weekly

Try weekly

Try weakly
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #241621 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Psychiatrist (to patient on couch)
"So how long have you been thinking you were a dog?"

Patient-
"Since I was a puppy"
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Normanby, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #241624 by Morris
A politician was visiting a rural community in an area that had it's own dialect of the country's language. He made a speech to the villagers and each time he made a point an elderly local exclaimed "aargle" and sometimes "aargle,,aargle." Puzzled, the politician asked his host what the word meant. The host said "he is only agreeing with you."

Next day the host took the politician to the cattle show and as they went into the paddock, the host said "be careful not to step in the aargle"!

I'm gritting my teeth,

The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog, Dave_64, Inter-Action, PaulFH, husky

More
1 year 5 months ago #241690 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Laugh and the world laughs with you

Cry and you get a wet handkerchief
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 5 months ago #241741 by wee-allis
The kids said they wanted a cat for Christmas.

I normally do a turkey, but hell if it makes them happy.

Merry Christmas to all on here and their families.

Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, husky, asw120, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.622 seconds