Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 1 week ago #245355 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Sometimes Sayings.
LOL

Both windows down
Listning to the sweet music

Yes
they R a chikee puller

Jist ask Browny

LOL

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, vicbittertoo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #245358 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Heck yeah

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
1 year 1 week ago #245377 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Last Thursday my Wife drove two hours each way to see her Mother who was in hospital in Palliative (end of Life) Care. On Friday, my Wife got a phone call from her Stepfather saying the hospital had phoned him saying the old girl was not expected to last the day. I drove my Wife to the hospital and we sat there all day until 8pm. The old girl was unconscious all the time. Her Husband and Cousin were there as well. Saturday we were about to go up but at just after 10.am we were told she had passed away.

She had always had an "acid tongue" and I cannot remember whether it was me or her Granddaughters who nicknamed her "Nasty Nanny."

The old bat managed to die on the first day of a weekend that I had been looking forward to attending, with a car club but instead I spent most of the day searching for Birth, Marriage, Divorce, re-marriage papers etc. I cannot find the archive box I carefully catalogued with all the Family papers, etc. Maybe I put it in the recycling by mistake.

At least now I can throw out the old straw broom that I told visitors the Mother-In-Law used for transport when she visited. One side of the broom is worn away which I maintain was caused by her taking off at such a steep angle that it dragged on the ground. I was always too scared to explain it to her because if you upset those people, they can turn you into a frog.

Ribbet, Ribbet.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Normanby, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 1 week ago #245378 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Morris, my condolences to your wife and her family and my congratulations to you on your miraculous survival. I've had the misfortune to have had two mothers-in-law, so I know how you feel. The first I divorced and the second has gone to where nasty old women go and I hope it's not all wings, harps and happiness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
1 year 1 week ago #245381 by PaulFH
Replied by PaulFH on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Kindest thoughts Morris, sad to hear.

Heard a lass say she went to her ex mother-in-laws funeral, to make sure she WAS dead.
No love lost there.

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #245382 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Sadness all round (maybe), but two marriages and I have never had a mother-in-law . . . first missing in action :blink: and the second one died when my wife was 13.

Many would say I have been lucky, but it doesn't feel that way for me.

Also, the same goes for the fathe-in-laws, both deceased before I came along. :oops:
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overnite

More
1 year 1 week ago #245383 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, Inter-Action, PaulFH, wee-allis, PDU, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 1 week ago #245399 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Sometimes Sayings.
I dont wait until working on anything to use bad language so looks like Im not going that way and will end up with the Wicked Witch of Eastwick (mother inlaw) down stairs

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 1 week ago #245405 by grandad
Replied by grandad on topic Sometimes Sayings.
One of these makes a nice frame for the mother-in laws picture, you can shut the lid when she's not visiting.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Inter-Action, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #245407 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.

One of these makes a nice frame for the mother-in laws picture, you can shut the lid when she's not visiting.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A fella I worked with years ago used to say when it was freezing cold "It's as cold as a mother inlaws kiss" :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Gryphon. Reason: typo fix

Time to create page: 0.661 seconds