Skip to main content

Sometimes Sayings.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
1 year 1 week ago #245408 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Sometimes Sayings.
B4 she died
told the mother inlaw she reminded me of a flower
she asked ' A pretty pink rose'

no I said a
'A Snap Dragon'

LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, wee-allis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 days ago #245479 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Another Government study provides outstanding results.

CSIRO Officials admitted that they found about 200 dead crows on the highway between Noonamah and Palmerston, in Northern Territory, where there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

The Territory Government approved, and the CSIRO contracted a bird pathologist to examine the remains of all the crows and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, much to everyone’s relief.

However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact.

The Territory Government then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kills.

After 18 months of research and $2.7 million spent, the Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in the deaths. When crows eat roadkill, they always set-up a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that the lookout crow could say Car Car, but he could not say Truck.

I just wanted to make sure that you knew your tax money was being well spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Normanby, overlander, overnite, PaulFH, wee-allis, Zuffen, PDU, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 6 days ago #245480 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.

Another Government study provides outstanding results.

CSIRO Officials admitted that they found about 200 dead crows on the highway between Noonamah and Palmerston, in Northern Territory, where there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu.

The Territory Government approved, and the CSIRO contracted a bird pathologist to examine the remains of all the crows and he confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu, much to everyone’s relief.

However, he determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, and only 2% were killed by car impact.

The Territory Government then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine the disproportionate percentages for truck versus car kills.

After 18 months of research and $2.7 million spent, the Ornithological Behaviourist determined the cause in the deaths. When crows eat roadkill, they always set-up a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger. His conclusion was that the lookout crow could say Car Car, but he could not say Truck.

I just wanted to make sure that you knew your tax money was being well spent.

As I heard the Three Stooges say, Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk. I can confirm, however, that crows say Car Car.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
1 year 6 days ago #245481 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Maybe the other crows misunderstood when the look out crow was saying Fark, Fark, thinking he meant the truck was a far away.

More
1 year 6 days ago #245497 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Didn't that line get Graham Kennedy in trouble ? :P
Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
1 year 6 days ago #245498 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Love it you blokes

Definitely my IQ level now

Very very dull

Thank you all

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 3 days ago #245543 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Sometimes Sayings.
This week, our local newspaper proudly announced that our local (Government) primary school had appointed two new teachers, a Wellbeing and Inclusion Co-ordinator and a school Chaplain. I think a Government school should have nothing to do with religion and that Chaplain's duties should be left to the Clergy of whichever religion the pupil chooses, and I have no idea what a "Wellbeing and Inclusion" teacher does.
It reminds me of the time I attended a parent and Teacher meeting when my Stepdaughters were at state school. The Principle or whoever was chairing the meeting was rabbiting on about the airy-fairy subjects they were teaching and I asked "What about the three R's? She asked what I meant and I replied "Reading, wRiting and 'Ritmetic." She said Oh, we teach them as well. If she had never heard the term, I believe that the essentials were deemed not to be important.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, grandad

More
1 year 3 days ago #245547 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Sometimes Sayings.
Back to in-laws for a second
When my wife's parents were alive I used to refer to them as outlaws which my mother-in-law wasn't to sure about until my uncle said;
'Do you know what the difference is between inlaws and outlaws? Outlaws are wanted'
after that I was ok

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, grandad, oliver1950, vicbittertoo

More
1 year 3 days ago #245548 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Sometimes Sayings.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64

More
1 year 3 days ago #245552 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Sometimes Sayings.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, eerfree, Lang, PaulFH, grandad, V8Ian, vicbittertoo

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds