Skip to main content

Electric vehicles and alternate fuel sources

More
3 years 11 months ago #210131 by Lang
Nothing to do with saving the world or even saving jobs it is saving the company.

Darling Musk is supported by his cheer squad. "Just arrest me" is just a Richard Branson type publicity stunt.

If General Motors had a factory there and did this the same mob would be marching in the streets.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 11 months ago #210450 by Swishy
Dun laff
we will B all head n this way

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: daveus6, eerfree, Roderick Smith, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
3 years 11 months ago #210561 by invested energy
Hydrogen out a solar will be a winner, the Saudis have been running reverse auctions for solar PV projects that offer the world's cheapest electricity...

Here we are though, with a national hydrogen plan developed by the chief scientist... versus an energy minister who can't say anything but GAS. Taxpayer subsidised fossil gas.

They ignore :

“With the flow of international capital increasingly swinging to renewable energy, greener industry and electrified transport, all options to capitalise on this potential investment must be fully explored.”

So the bloke running the National Covid recovery sham is getting half a million dollars for six months "work" to recommend the gas industry he comes from.

"The NCCC did not directly respond to questions on whether it had considered alternatives to gas, and the basis for the taskforce’s claim that it was key to reducing electricity prices."

Nothing to see here..?

"It says an expanded gas industry should work closely with a developing hydrogen industry and Australia could become a world leader in exporting hydrogen developed with renewable energy and gas."

Gas is just going to be the third wheel, the expensive stranded asset which gets nailed by renewables... but the gas companies aren't taking the risk... it's the LNP which is trying to pick a winner.

It's a joke.

"It's assessment that gas is necessary to support variable clean energy is at odds with the Australian Energy Market Operator, which last year listed pumped hydro, batteries and “demand-side participation” schemes, which offer energy users cash to cut down consumption when needed, as cheaper alternatives."

Hydrogen is a goer but not under the current plan...

www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/may...yak954Mg75WN2kIVIAxk

for when I'm not driving the car of the century...

More
3 years 11 months ago #210633 by lantana jack

invested energy wrote: Hydrogen out a solar will be a winner, the Saudis have been running reverse auctions for solar PV projects that offer the world's cheapest electricity...

Here we are though, with a national hydrogen plan developed by the chief scientist... versus an energy minister who can't say anything but GAS. Taxpayer subsidised fossil gas.............

I’m happy enuf to be involved in these alternative energy threads but the moderators tell me the subject is banned ???......:huh:

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
3 years 11 months ago #210634 by Swishy
If U gunna talk about alternitive power
dun 4 get compressed air

Tata/MDI OneCAT

U 2 can read all about it @
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_OneCAT

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Roderick Smith

More
3 years 11 months ago #210668 by hayseed

lantana jack wrote:
I’m happy enuf to be involved in these alternative energy threads but the moderators tell me the subject is banned ???......:huh:

You have been told No such Thing.......

You have However, been Asked to ensure All future Posts comply with the recently updated Posting Guidelines...

Here they are again........... www.hcvc.com.au/forum/truck_Chat/18713-forum-posting-guidelines Please read them..

If you have any issues with this, Please send a PM (via Channel 40) to the Admin/moderator of your choice, Or send an email to forum@hcvc.com.au

have a Nice Day.

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 11 months ago #210752 by Mrsmackpaul
This does not surprise me at all as Singapore is a tiny little island and every square meter of ground is critical I think that they would already have storage areas for gas and fossil fuels
As these become redundant they may plan on using that same land for storage

Singapore has taken huge steps to clean energy of recent years and I have no doubt that if there plans all come together we will see exactly why they dont want electric cars and it will make sense to all of us then
Like most things its horses for courses

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 11 months ago #210787 by wee-allis
What's that Paul, you want us to go back to horses?

More
3 years 11 months ago #210796 by Mrsmackpaul
Giddy up ! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #210800 by lantana jack
Looks like for automotive use there will be a whole new learning experience...

“...In the days before infrared cameras, workers at a rocket fuel factory in Texas used to detect hydrogen leaks by walking with a straw broom in front of them. When the broom caught fire they had found the leak...”

Link Removed

......nuff fer now, back to the days agenda..;)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Gryphon. Reason: Link Removed

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds