Skip to main content

Electric vehicles and alternate fuel sources

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #210806 by Mrsmackpaul
This aint exactly true, the hydrogen has to be alight to set the broom on fire, if its not alight it wont do anything like that
Just think of a car battery when it the motor is running, its making hydrogen and leaking straight to atmosphere and you can sit a broom on top and it wont busrt into flames

The generators in a power station use hydrogen in the generator and the brush gear is sparking etc and the hydrogen is leaking out the whole time and they dont go boom

And we just need to remember that when LPG and butane and the likes was first used we had to learn a lot there as well
Even diesel as opposed to petrol was a learning curve

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Mrsmackpaul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #210808 by Gryphon

More
3 years 10 months ago #210858 by lantana jack
I would imagine the ‘invisible’ hydrogen leak fire would only be of interest to a mechanic. The vehicle operator will know there’s a fire when the hydrogen leak fire ignites the surrounding plastic etc.

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley

More
3 years 10 months ago #211221 by Johnm020
Ammonia fill in a few minutes ,without the problems of charging batteries from the street system....main downside would be the odour.

Ammonia is a highly toxic dangerous product. I would assume that a concentrated form would be required. It is far from simple to pump quantities of concentrated ammonia. It is a severe respiratory irritant as well as it will suck any moisture from any skin it touches.

More
3 years 10 months ago #211327 by invested energy
At least we can convert old bangers to run hydrogen... it'll still make noise, so even if the smell isn't right we won't be burning fossils, just driving them.

automuseumonline.com/1924-ford-model-t-hydrogen-turbo-t.html

for when I'm not driving the car of the century...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roderick Smith

More
3 years 10 months ago #211360 by hayseed
Be interesting if This comes to Fruition...!!

www.trucksales.com.au/editorial/details/...-trucks-here-124709/

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211367 by lantana jack

hayseed wrote: Be interesting if This comes to Fruition...!!

www.trucksales.com.au/editorial/details/...-trucks-here-124709/

“...the first models to be built will be the two heavy vehicles which will be built on a second, larger platform that can accommodate two fuel cell units to bring power output up to 300 to 550kW (400 to 740hp).

Their theory is that heavy vehicles run on set city and interstate routes for major transport companies and can refuel their hydrogen back at base...”

Using the un-reliable power of solar and wind to power hydrogen manufacture might just work..:)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by lantana jack.

More
3 years 9 months ago #212463 by lantana jack
Considering that Queen Victoria could have ridden in an electric car its about time they have worked them out..:lol:

Though, back in the day they did realise that once the battery’s were worked out they would then need to find the power to recharge em.

From 1978...

“...However, the main problem with CitiCar lies in its batteries which offer fairly limited range, but there are improvements on the way. Maintenance free 'traction' batteries will soon be available which require no attention during their life, plus an increased range. Higher output lead acid batteries will be able to increase the range from 100 to 200 percent on the present 60 km. But the real improvement of the not too distant future will be a roof fitted solar energy collector which can recharge the batteries on the move, or just while the car sits idle...” trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/25483...car%20in%20Australia

.......:huh:

More
3 years 9 months ago #212617 by Mrsmackpaul

lantana jack wrote: Considering that Queen Victoria could have ridden in an electric car its about time they have worked them out..:lol:

Though, back in the day they did realise that once the battery’s were worked out they would then need to find the power to recharge em.

From 1978...

“...However, the main problem with CitiCar lies in its batteries which offer fairly limited range, but there are improvements on the way. Maintenance free 'traction' batteries will soon be available which require no attention during their life, plus an increased range. Higher output lead acid batteries will be able to increase the range from 100 to 200 percent on the present 60 km. But the real improvement of the not too distant future will be a roof fitted solar energy collector which can recharge the batteries on the move, or just while the car sits idle...” trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/25483...car%20in%20Australia

.......:huh:

Well O finally worked out how to get the article big enough for me to read

They seem to have battery problem solved these days well and truly from all reports of what was to be coming later this year or early next year
Reports are coming out now that due to COVID 19 this could be pushed back due to labour issues

I know someone who has ordered the Tesla cyber truck f or Australian delivery

I asked about RHD etc and it will be RHD and registered with all appropriate h
Whoha that thst all involves

Will be interesting to see if it's delivered and lives up to my mates expectations

Lantana Jack maybe its the way things are put sometimes

I was taught I can say almost anything, it's the way I say it that keeps on getting me in the do do

And I get in the do do pretty easy :P ;)

Paul

More
3 years 9 months ago #212667 by Mrsmackpaul
GM seems pretty confident about the future of electric vehicles

Paul

www.truckinginfo.com/10121559/gm-no-dela...eup-teases-ev-pickup

Time to create page: 0.645 seconds