Skip to main content

Electric vehicles and alternate fuel sources

More
4 years 1 day ago - 4 years 1 day ago #209598 by lantana jack

Lang wrote: Lantana and Invested give it a break and continue on PM.

The thread is electric cars...

How electric cars are ‘fueled’ is entirely on topic.

I suspect some don’t like the harsh reality’s that have been exposed about our new electric car fantasy where the birds chirp and the fairy’s will frolic at the bottom of our new green garden of eden...;)

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
Last edit: 4 years 1 day ago by lantana jack.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 day ago #209602 by lantana jack
Heh, seems the thread ain’t going well fer some so lets shut it down...;)

Starter post topic...

Swishy wrote:

:lol: :woohoo: :lol:

Take my advice
Buy up big on extension leeds
U can't go rong

WotSezU?

cya

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
The following user(s) said Thank You: oliver1950

More
4 years 1 day ago #209611 by IHScout
I think we could argue for an eternity about who's right or wrong, but I suspect what's going to happen is going to happen regardless of what anyone thinks. I don't have a crystal ball so I'm not placing bets on which version of the future we will see. I remember a conversation I had with my son when he was getting all excited about the imminent release of the first iPhon. I thought it looked pretty chunky compared to my neat little Motorola flip phone and quizzed him about why anyone would buy an iPhone. "Because you can get the internet on your phone Dad". "Yeah, but who want to access the internet on a tiny phone screen?" Well as it turns out, the whole world wants to access the internet on their phone (including me), but most of us didn't know that until the iPhone arrived on the scene. So maybe in the future we'll have petrol cars, or electric cars or be flying around in hydrogen powered self controlled drones. Most of will just have to wait and see what that'll be.

Dennis
The following user(s) said Thank You: invested energy

More
4 years 1 day ago #209612 by Lang
Lantana

My concern has nothing to do with the discussion of electric power, it is just that I find it depressing that it has degenerated into snide remarks, sarcasm and name calling. Not very often but occasionally this forum creates emotional reactions but rarely do the moderators have to shut down a thread.

It is almost unheard of to shut down a thread simply because of the topic, it is usually because of lack of respect towards not only the arguing opponent but to those following a discussion someone thought of sufficient general interest to start.

I only speak for myself and the odd lively highly contradictory thread in good humour eg Volvo Luvvers , is always welcome but when it goes beyond that to people on a mission regardless of whether they are for coal or wind or Detroit or Cummins it becomes unpleasant. Maybe I am getting too old and just want a placid life when I should be pushing barrows for a cause.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: bparo, wouldyou, paulc20, wee-allis

More
4 years 1 day ago #209643 by hayseed

Lang wrote: Lantana and Invested give it a break and continue on PM.

Good advice methinks...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
4 years 1 day ago #209649 by Brocky45
Since electric motors go from zero to full torque instantly, How do you "Feather the Throttle" in slippery conditions, like Ice and Snow????? And with the "Self Driving" cars what sensor tells the car they are on a slippery roadway???

More
4 years 1 day ago #209656 by lantana jack

IHScout wrote: I think we could argue for an eternity about who's right or wrong, but I suspect what's going to happen is going to happen regardless of what anyone thinks. I don't have a crystal ball so I'm not placing bets on which version of the future we will see. I remember a conversation I had with my son when he was getting all excited about the imminent release of the first iPhon. I thought it looked pretty chunky compared to my neat little Motorola flip phone and quizzed him about why anyone would buy an iPhone. "Because you can get the internet on your phone Dad". "Yeah, but who want to access the internet on a tiny phone screen?" Well as it turns out, the whole world wants to access the internet on their phone (including me), but most of us didn't know that until the iPhone arrived on the scene. So maybe in the future we'll have petrol cars, or electric cars or be flying around in hydrogen powered self controlled drones. Most of will just have to wait and see what that'll be.

No ones debating the merits of electric cars as such. Electric cars are a well proven technology... in fact, electric cars are an old proven technology having been around for over one hundred years...:)

The discussion lays with the mandating of electric cars as the vehicle of government designated choice. Also, the discussion as per thread starter post, is about just how electric cars will be powered - it seems instead of using cheap coal or incredibly sensible nuclear power the government is intending to power electric cars with un-economic solar and wind power.

As has been seen so far in this thread the evidence provided by the proponents of the solar/wind power ‘fueling’ of electric cars has been easily debunked. In fact, so easily debunked they are now trying to run away and shut down the discussion.

.....The thread ‘narrative’ has not run to expectations...;)

More
4 years 23 hours ago #209657 by lantana jack

Lang wrote: Lantana

My concern has nothing to do with the discussion of electric power, it is just that I find it depressing that it has degenerated into snide remarks, sarcasm and name calling. Not very often but occasionally this forum creates emotional reactions but rarely do the moderators have to shut down a thread...

Lang, seems most of the abusive comments have been directed at me. Don’t worry me much as I find those sort of posts are often a useful ‘tool’ for me to work with. In fact, I feel quite ‘blessed’ to have the likes of call-sign invested energy posting in this forum...:)

As for an understanding of why abusive posts don’t worry me - Many years ago I were a card carrying member of the wilderness society - used to attend meeting at the union owned offices of the QLD state HQ; I were an avid reader of ‘alternative’ power exponents such as Peter Pedals; I did a TAFE course on wind power back in the 90’s; Back in the 90’s I also did one of the Permaculture courses with Bill Mollison..... I had a fair understanding of the greeny mind-set as I were one - The world will be a better place when it does as us greenys tell it to... And, if yer don’t do as us greenys tell you what to do we will assault and abuse you by what-ever means possible until you do.

As a member I found the green and related groups to be sly, deceitful, and corrupt and full of abuse and hate to those that don’t do as they is told.

And there are also the ‘green industry profiteers’ who have their own agenda and will attack any ‘incorrect’ discussion.

So, I know full well what to expect any time I get into any remotely ‘green’ related issue...:)

Lang, the best way to deal with these people and groups that will shut down us old vehicle owners, shut the entire country down, is to let them have their ‘abusive’ say and put a factual argument straight back at them with an open discussion...;)

More
4 years 23 hours ago #209658 by lantana jack
Still seeking further info regarding previous posts...

invested energy, I’m wondering, what are the ingredients that go into making solar panels ?

And, what’s a science denier..?

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 23 hours ago #209662 by Swishy
WELL
eye stihl rekon the earth is flat
or mostly all up hill
so there
WotSezU
LOL