Skip to main content

Drivers Diary Question

More
12 years 10 months ago #53880 by q4016lanz
Hi guys i was told by the local cop that if i didnt have my work diary in the truck at all times or it would cost me $700 even in the club regersted truck over 12000kg and must fill it in over 200km from home ;) ;) john

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53881 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
The biggest problem JB, is that half of these blokes, who are already driving 'club' plated commecial vehicles are making it up as they go along..
Too late...
There is a very fine line being walked even loading some of these 'club' plated vehicles..

Personally, i can see the day coming, where the 'club' plates will be all too hard to administer and 'police' and there will be no cheap permits for anyone!

All this needs to be addressed at a higher level, before everyone loses.

chocs 8-)

12 years 10 months ago #53882 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
Just quick read of the NSW regs. (not a very good story line). Just the headings of the appropriate section below.
www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/fragview/info...+pt.6+0+N?autoquery= (Content%3D((%22Road%20Transport%20(General)%20Regulation%202005%22)))%20AND%20((Type%3D%22subordleg%22%20AND%20Repealed%3D%22N%22))&dq=Document%20Types%3D%22Regs%22,%20Exact%20Phrase%3D%22Road%20Transport%20(General)%20Regulation%202005%22,%20Search%20In%3D%22Text%22&fullquery=(((%22Road%20Transport%20(General)%20Regulation%202005%22)))&tocnav=y

Subdivision 2 Exemptions

115 Exemptions for emergency services

115A Exemptions in relation to emergencies

115B Exemptions for certain buses and private hire vehicles

115C Certain exemptions for 100+ km work requirements

115D Exemptions for certain vehicles used for primary production

115E Exemptions for vehicles used in motor dealing, repair, inspection, maintenance or testing businesses

No mention of any exemption of Historic Plated vehicles. And the part that defines what the act applies for also doesn't mention historic vehicles and deals with the general over 12ton and over 100km bit.

Also see NSW rta faq www.rta.nsw.gov.au/heavyvehicles/safety/...hv_fatigue_faqs.html

More
12 years 10 months ago #53883 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
That will be fairly well echoed in each state i think mate....

Same with N.T. no log books...(unless things have changed recently)
you go from here into N.T. ....log book must be used..

Even if you are at the truck show (more than 100k from your driver base) going to the fizz shop!
You need to fill it in....
Unless you have changed you driver base and you can legitimise it..

Only trying to save you blokes some cash....
chocs 8-)

12 years 10 months ago #53884 by
Another good point Chocs!

Again I think we have covered this also.

I have only investigated the Victorian regs for Historic Permit vehicles and can only point people to the AOMC in Victoria which has a great FAQ and information on the Club permit scheme in Victoria www.aomc.asn.au/CPS2011.htm

12 years 10 months ago #53886 by

The biggest problem JB, is that half of these blokes, who are already driving 'club' plated commecial vehicles are making it up as they go along..
Too late...
There is a very fine line being walked even loading some of these 'club' plated vehicles..

Personally, i can see the day coming, where the 'club' plates will be all too hard to administer and 'police' and there will be no cheap permits for anyone!

All this needs to be addressed at a higher level, before everyone loses.

chocs 8-)

i would say there's more than half making up as they go along!

12 years 10 months ago #53885 by
Wow you are on a role tonight Chocs!

When at the White muster. Atkipete and me took the ACCO into town. We could have walked! But decided to take the truck. Still had to fill in the log book! And as you can only do 15min increments the trip was over just after it started! ;D But the entry had to be their just in case! :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #53887 by kenny-mopar
once again long story short
over 12ton GVM logbook if over 100kms from home ..australia wide i believe.. national heavy vehicle "work diary" log book
if your vehicle has a gcm over 12 ton =log book

if you not 100% sure get a log book !
a $20 book can save you a lot of grief

More
12 years 10 months ago #53888 by HeyCharger
Just sent this off to the RTA about 10 minutes ago;
Message Type
Question
Subject
Licence or registration
Hi. I would REALLY like to get a ruling on this. Does the driver of a prime mover with a GCM greater than 12t, But registered on HISTORIC plates, have to FILL in a work diary if travelling more than 100klm from home base. There seems to be a lot of contention over this issue. After all, as the truck is registered in historic category, it is only to be used for PERSONAL USE and not commercial and therefore not subject to the work diary regulations. The regs seem to stipulate that a "heavy vehicle undertaking a journey for the purpose of primary production" must comply. The inference is, if it is not involved with primary production, then it does not. I (and many others) would appreciate a ruling on this. Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53889 by Rusty Engines
100kms from home ..australia wide

Not in Queensland it is 200ks from base but don't cross the boarder
Ian

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds