Skip to main content

Drivers Diary Question

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #53860 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question

Maybe I didn't look like a REAL truckie, by driving a BEDFORD!! .. ;D ;D

They probably thought...heading west with that height and width AND driving a Bedford...
...You had enough on ya plate Ron.. ;)

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53861 by kenny-mopar
i bet one track went to church the day before and prayed for a tailwind ? . . what motor did the bedford have 253 ?

More
12 years 10 months ago #53862 by Chocs
I think the first tank had the fuel in it! Kenny
;D ;D ;D
chocs 8-)

12 years 10 months ago #53863 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
Yep, Blue 253 power. Chocs right on the mark .. that's a 200 litre LPG tank under the RHS of the tray .. 1 km litre on LPG and 2 km to the litre on petrol. I've actually recorded 3 km litre when empty!
The upside is, she does do well over 120kmh! .. and I've created some concern, by overtaking loaded K-Whoppas!
One bloke even chased me for miles trying to see what was under the cab, because I was running at warp speed for Bedfords! ;D ;D
I'm currently examining a diesel repower. I've got a good 7.5L Mitsubishi 6D16, that I reckon might slot in there nicely .. 190HP .. vrroooom .. that'll make the Mack-Muncher drivers, do a double take! .. 8-)

Those tanks were heavy as h#ll. They were special mining tanks, about 1 1/2" thick. They were over 2 tonnes each.
That job ended my trucking efforts. There were 48 of those tanks to go across the long paddock.
I got the job of transporting them all .. but as soon as I started, everything you could imagine, that could go wrong, went wrong.
I ended up only doing 3 loads. Other blokes hauled the rest .. luckily for me. No-one got paid a cent for any of the transport .. the company went broke and paid 0c in the $ to creditors.
I lost $11,000 at a time when I couldn't afford to lose $100. Those bastards set me back for a couple of years, after struggling for 3 years to re-establish myself from bank foreclosure in 1995. A pox on all of them.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53864 by kenny-mopar
ive got a 6D16 turbo (215hp) in my mitsubish ..they go well and have a fair wack of torque"(good on fuel as well) .. back in the day i was using 50L of lpg per 100kms in my 392 acco ...

12 years 10 months ago #53865 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
Kenny-mopar - Yeah, I bought an '84, 5 ton FK series Mitsubishi in 1990, ex-Govt Dept, with 14,000kms on the clock. It had the 6D14 N/A engine. Brilliant little truck, did many kms in it, it was very responsive, great to drive, and good on fuel.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53866 by kenny-mopar
wait till your beddy has the 6d16 in it .. a world of difference

More
12 years 10 months ago #53867 by Chocs
Might have been a blessing in disguise Ron..
The three loads you did may have been more than enough..
The fuel bill and running costs, on top of the non payment would have put you out in the sand!

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #53868 by kenny-mopar
i think they done him a deal ..the tanks were full of fuel . . but he didnt know it lol

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #53869 by q4016lanz
Hi guys puling a 6500 kg GVM goose neck trailer with a 11550 kg GVM truck is that a articulated vehicle and what licence do you need. A pig trailer you only need a MR and a log book. My son only has a car licence at the moment can he drive the F350 4500KG GVM with a 4500kg GVM goose neck trailer on his car licence :) :) john & brad
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by q4016lanz.

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds