More
12 years 10 months ago #53890 by Chocs
Replied by Chocs on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
I'm really glad we have a national scheme! :-/
chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #53891 by John Whale
evening all just a few queries A my converted bus weighs 8.2 tons do i have to pull into a weigh station ? B do i have to carry a diary in it ? C do i have to carry a diary in my bogey drive ud if all my work is inside the 80 kay boundary????? my head hurts whale

More
12 years 10 months ago #53892 by Chocs

evening all just a few queries A my converted bus weighs 8.2 tons do i have to pull into a weigh station ? B do i have to carry a diary in it ? C do i have to carry a diary in my bogey drive ud if all my work is inside the 80 kay boundary????? my head hurts whale

In NSW i thought the sign at Marulan, says into the weigh station at 8t or more
No Diary in the bus under 12t.
Should be carried it in the UD its over 12t gvm
chocs 8-)

More
12 years 10 months ago #53893 by q4016lanz
I had to check the net on qld 200km distance from home base i knew vic and nsw was only 100km from home base sorry about the confusion ;)

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #53894 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
John,

The signs at Marulan all say (both north&south bound)
"vehicle with a GVM 8tonne and over MUST enter"
It's GVM not TARE,. so yes I's say you would have to enter.

If working inside the 100K radius leave the book a home, They're only gunna look through it till they find(imagine) a mistake....BINGO

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by hayseed.

12 years 10 months ago #53895 by
Replied by on topic Re: Drivers Diary Question
Whale Doesn't matter how much it weighs. It is how much it is GVM if it is registered as a bus still. One of the HCVC has a converted bus into a motor home. As it is a motor home it doesn't need a work diary. If it was still registered as a bus it would. By the same logic I guess you may not. But it would be better to pull in and get waved on rather than being chased down! :D

With the other UD you are within 80k's of garaged address no.

HeyCharger, Will be interesting what they say. But be aware I excpect they would say yes you do. Their appears to be no indication in the new rules indicating that it has to be for commercial use. Again it defined distance from base with certain size vehicles. And the regs from the rta that I previously link in relation to the primary producer exemption indicate :

115D Exemptions for certain vehicles used for primary production

(1) A person is exempt from the requirements of Division 4 (Duties relating to record keeping) in relation to the driving of a regulated heavy vehicle on any day if:
(a) the vehicle is being driven on a journey for the purpose of primary production (including for the purpose of transporting animals or produce in connection with the sale of the animals or produce), and

(b) the vehicle is not driven outside a radius of 160 km from the driver

More
12 years 10 months ago #53896 by John Whale
j blair bus is rego motor home so carry one in ud just to be safe ?????

12 years 10 months ago #53897 by
And for completness again from NSW RTA some definitions:-

bus means a motor vehicle built mainly to carry people that seats over 12 adults (including the driver).

heavy truck means:

(a) a motor vehicle (except a bus or tram) with a GVM over 12 tonnes, or

(b) a motor vehicle (except a bus or tram) that is part of a combination, if the total of the GVMs of the vehicles in the combination is over 12 tonnes.

plant means a motor vehicle that:

(a) is built, or permanently modified, primarily to operate as a machine or implement:
(i) off-road, or

(ii) on a road-related area, or

(iii) on an area of road that is under construction, and

(b) is not capable of carrying goods or passengers by road.

regulated heavy vehicle means:

(a) a heavy truck, or

(b) a bus,
but does not include:
(c) plant, or

(d) a motor home.

The Heavy vehicle fatigue rules are basically National standards. Some slight variations but the definitions appear standard. The only variation I have noticed appears to be distance from home base.

The Historic Registration/Permits differ widley from state to state. It appears likely that WA still does not recognise permits from other states such as the victorian Historic Club permits. :D

More
12 years 10 months ago #53898 by Chocs

John,

The signs at Marulan all say (both north&south bound)
"vehicle with a GVM 8tonne and over MUST enter"
It's GVM not TARE,. so yes I's say you would have to enter.

If working inside the 100K radius leave the book a home, They're only gunna look through it till they find(imagine) a mistake....BINGO

Ol mate might think you should be carrying one 'Seed...
If you can't produce it for him to check....and you are in a 12t+ buggy, irrespective of where you are in relation to your base...
I would strongly suggest you carry and have completed a daily work sheet..

I don't make the rules....but ya should know what they are if ya gunna break em :-/
chocs 8-)

12 years 10 months ago #53899 by
John think you would be safe with motor home but suggest you check with your local road authority.

Always error on the side of caution is my belief.

If in doubt. Fill it out! :D

Time to create page: 0.505 seconds