[IMG

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #118263 by indianman
G'day Sarge dont leave those vice grips on there as they will mark the spool and there will come a time when you will wan't to swap back for linkage , it should hold up by itself.
Glad to see you got it all worked out

Jon

More
10 years 10 months ago #118264 by Mrsmackpaul
well thats all good news all of us dooms dayers were wrong your pumps good saved your self a grand or so [smiley=thumbsup.gif] so it might spring number 4 streched or broken on the selector valve shown on the first page . Wouldnt worry to much about any small marks off vice grips as it is not a spool valve and pointing up I dont think it would leak much anyway the main thing is problem solved 8-) now you can really start to live the dream
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 10 months ago #118265 by Sarge
Thats me, living the dream... and thanking all the wise and helpful people on the forum... It is as cold as a MIL kiss outside and me being flash mick roaring around the paddock sowing my wild oats all warm and toasty in my cab, looking like a road crash rescue with lights all over the place, even some where I needed them....

that just leaves the mighty ACCO two speed (and half a load of super.... :-/.)

Thankyou all [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
/me

Sarge B)

More
10 years 6 months ago #118266 by Sarge
The euphoria has waned a little, finished sowing the crop and got onto other adventures, (including pulling the cab roof off, more holes than fish net stockings... rusts from underneath...................!!!! Anyway...

Had the 3pl twin drum mower out to mow my pathetic bit of crop, hooked up picked up... noticed that the 3pl lever has to be in exactly the right spot or it will go back down.... seems to lack spring or feel, anyway off to the neighbours, all good, set up and race away.... 2 hours later, hop off to pick up a piece of combine that jumped off when sowing and notice the 3pl has slumped a bit, lift it up, came up a couple if inches , hour later finish the job, go to pick the mower up and leave the paddock, no lifty, no likey.... got it up 6 inches (as you do) so manged to get out and unhook... seems like the same old problem.... as the oil gets hot, the lift gets less.... looks like I have to find a pump after all...... :-/ :'(
At least I can mow (more to do) rake and bale without too much shouting & swearing. >:(

must work out how to explain all this to the minister... :o

/me

Sarge B)

More
10 years 6 months ago #118267 by Mrsmackpaul
now now sarge you just need to relax a little when the linkage isnt working how do you know its the pump might a be simple o ring on 3pl ram inside next time linkage not working well back up to a sacarifer or combine and hook up the ram on it see if it will work that way you no the problem is in your 3pl or in your pump .if that lever keeps bouncing back there is a nut rhs below the lift arm is on a stud looking thing with a screwdriver slot in the top of it undo nut tighten up stud with screwdriver it controls the friction disc inside to hold the lever in the right spot might only need half a turn or so good luck and only say nice things about your Chamberlain she has feelings you no :D seeya
Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
10 years 1 month ago #118268 by Sarge
Well guess who has had half a day to himself, and very selfishly kept it for himself... Got mate Butch to come play 'cause he knows stuff and we pressure tested the Pump, from the remote point and short circuited it and ran it until it smoked through the gauge, a little bit of drop off, but not terrible, about a million litres of oil all over the mug lying under the tractor. But none the wiser really.

Will need to top the oil up, none in the shed, off to the Oil Wharehouse in Kangaroo Flat. Need some hydraulic oil for a 3380 mate... yep no worries, just check the book, yep, not hydraulic oil, straight 40 mineral engine oil, same as the motor. Whats been the problem....
yep, wrong oil will let it do that every time.... yep $100 for 20 litres. ;)

Well I was happy about that, and he says, "Yep, run it in the mighty ACCO too". :o

So I drown in the remaing 100 odd litres in the hydraulics while I drain it, waste half the new stuff filling her up again, and what do you know... linkage goes up and stays up, even with a tonne of fire wood on the carry all, up and down like a yo yo.... :D

One happy chappie... now I just gotta take the steering hose off the pump, lose another 10 litres of oil while I replace the hose.... :-/ ... still cheaper than a new pump and lots less work...

The bloke I bought the tractor off is one of those careful fella's, regular servicing, everything clean and tidy and all that. Must have done his head in when the hydraulics let him down which is why he sold it on.... wrong oil.... :'(.

Hope that is all to my good, nearly time to hook a scari up again... that will be the real test.... :exclamation :exclamation :question [smiley=huh.gif]

Hope Mrsmacspaul is looking on, he was a big help with all the info to get me this far... thanks mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

/me

Sarge B)

More
10 years 1 month ago #118269 by ianoz
Good to hear ,that was all the problem was .

More
10 years 1 month ago #118270 by clute
[quote author=18719mark link=1370706457/20#36 date=13961718

So I drown in the remaing 100 odd litres in the hydraulics while I drain it, waste half the new stuff filling her up again, and what do you know..

Hi Sarge; tip from our old tractor mechanic. Use the top hose from your ram to pump the old oil out into a container, then the bottom hose to suck in the new oil.
So simple, no mess and was I pissed I didn't think of it.

One happy chappie... now I just gotta take the steering hose off the pump, lose another 10 litres of oil while I replace the hose.... :-/

Should be able to do the same here.

Cheers Bruce.

"If it aint broke

More
10 years 1 month ago #118271 by Sarge
Bruce, you might just be a genius.. ;). I will give it a go... :)

/me

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds