Skip to main content

Chamberlain 3380.... not B

More
9 years 20 hours ago #118282 by Mrsmackpaul
Sarge if I am reading this right the relief valve you are looking or maybe I should say looking for is in the 3PL side of things ?????
So if this is the case does that mean your linkage is the only part that stops working right ???
If not and the remotes and linkage are not working right then maybe it's the other relief valve in blue

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 18 hours ago - 9 years 18 hours ago #118283 by dieseldog
Sarge, that valve you have indicated is a pilot operated flow control valve, which dumps the excess pump flow to the filter when the spool is in raise.

The only needle valve I see is the response control valve.

The pressure relief as indicated by Paul, is the main system relief for the 3pt/remote circuit.

If the problem is confined to the 3pt, make sure the surge relief is in good nick. These are for transport when the arms/implement are bouncing. Check the setting as it will be a fair bit higher than system pressure, and these valves can dump tremendous amounts of oil.
Last edit: 9 years 18 hours ago by dieseldog.

More
8 years 11 months ago #118284 by Sarge
you know about the goose and the long neck..... :-[ :-[ :-[

[IMG

Dont know which hat I was talking through... :-[ :-[

Anyway, as marked the green R is the relief valve, and if it was to be doing any relieving we would have had a shower of oil... not a drop. The Surge thingo we could see working when lifting the arms against the chain that is the red S the pink D is the direction control :-up for hyd :-down for linkage. and it exhausts out the back and we can see that. The X is where the control valve is with the needle valve... down in the murk.

If nothing else I have learned a hell of a lot... and I have faith. (Still dont understand the alterations and mods some other mug did :o :o :o)

Thanks for the advice gents.
Combine photos to follow... had to drive the mighty ACCO today, always a fun day. :D

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
7 years 11 months ago #170650 by Mrsmackpaul
Sarge what was your final out come on all this ?
I started using mine for hay making recently and after doing SFA for 8 years had whole heap of hydraulic problems but got them all sorted now
Have learnt the lot of us don't really know our ass from our elbow when it comes to Chamberlain hydraulics
But after being imerssed in oil for a few days I have lot better understanding and learnt that none of us had a precise understanding of the hydraulic system used by Chamberlain
So if you still need a hand let me know

Paul

More
7 years 11 months ago #170698 by Sarge
Paul, I only got cunning.... I put a ratchet dog and chain on the scari so it would stay where I wanted it, put the cook in the drivers seat and sent her around the paddock, when she had finished, the ram would not lift unless I cranked the dog. Not satisfactory but scari work is done and the old SUNTYNE steel wheel combine does not need hydraulic lifting.

So in a word... buggered. My mate is waiting for an invite back to finish whet we started. I have been flat stick making massive shed improvements.... Concrete floor went in this weekend, so in a couple of weeks I will get him back. He was keen to replace the little needle valve way down low in the guts....

And I just realized, I must be setting some sort of record.... 3 years since I started this thread, you fellas have all given me tons of advice, but being the easily distracted, she'll be right sort of bloke I am, no further advanced.... other than a few long road trips and an excellent humungeous shed.... oh and work and stuff...

I don't like to contradict my expert, but having read back through the thread today, I agree with the suggestion that if there was oil by passing or leaking from a valve, there should be a visible stream gurgling through the case, and I don't think there was. Anyway... I need to get Max back to see where to from here.

Sarge B)

More
7 years 11 months ago #170699 by Mrsmackpaul
Sarge if your mate turns up and still has no luck give us a bell I'll PM you my phone number and I reckon we can have it by the balls pretty quickly
A lot of people say Chamberlain hydraulics are rubbish well mine worked perfect for years and years and then when there was a problem thats when they were useless
I would even go as far to say they are as good as MF hydraulics and are a bucket load better than IH and Ford hydraulics the problem not enough people know how to track down the problem right away like they do with other makes

Paul

More
7 years 11 months ago #170706 by Sarge
Legend, thanks Paul..... gunna book the man in for two weeks away.

Sarge B)

More
7 years 10 months ago #171260 by Sarge
Well it might be slightly more than two weeks but the man came today, and the problem is definitely not the pump. we are 90% certain it is the spring in the flow control valve. We increased the spring rate with some random springs I had in the shed, each of them heavier/strong/thicker coil or something, each blew the pressure relief valve at some point. but or and, we found that the relief valve sticks, again pointing toward insufficient spring pressure, just not as much as we tried.
Progress.... and hydraulic oil everywhere, we were banned from the new floor in the shed before we started, I think she knows something :oops: :oops: :oops:

and the loader???????????????????? :whistle:

Sarge B)

More
7 years 10 months ago #171261 by Sarge
Well it might be slightly more than two weeks but the man came today, and the problem is definitely not the pump. we are 90% certain it is the spring in the flow control valve. We increased the spring rate with some random springs I had in the shed, each of them heavier/strong/thicker coil or something, each blew the pressure relief valve at some point. but or and, we found that the relief valve sticks, again pointing toward insufficient spring pressure, just not as much as we tried.
Progress.... and hydraulic oil everywhere, we were banned from the new floor in the shed before we started, I think she knows something :oops: :oops: :oops:

and the loader???????????????????? :whistle:

Sarge B)

More
7 years 7 months ago #174294 by Sarge
Well the good news fairy popped in this week, Max brought him/her.....

Max came back with the flow control valve and a slightly stiffer spring and a small spacer to up the unload pressure, couple of tries nd all seems good pressure up around the 2000 psi mark and down to 1500 if we get it really cooking.... within the tolerances.

Sealed and bolted everything back together had a play on the scari ram, really quickly pops in and out.... lets call it fixed....

so we did. Thanks Max, clever fella.

Now back to deciding if what she says is scrap actually is scrap and whats it worth if it is not..... nah.. its scrap.

Sarge B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds