Skip to main content

Chamberlain 3380.... not B

More
10 years 1 month ago #118272 by dieseldog
Hey Clute, after you pull the old hose off, cut the fittings off just above the crimp, weld up the hole and you have yourself two bungs for next time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #118273 by indianman
G'day I agree with pumping the oil out with the hose but the fill won't work as it returns direct to tank no suction there.

Jon

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #118274 by Sarge
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Field test conducted :-[ :-/ :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

off like a rocket, going gang busters, sags fairly quickly, but lifts back each time... only doing a few acres, gotta go to work, finish it off, park at the gate, lift to unhitch, LIFT to unhitch LIFT, ya f$%#, LIFT

Only lifts about half the ram, then ignores me.... :'( :'( :'( :'( Did a manual adjust on the draw bar and got the tractor back in the shed... off to work. Back to the drawing board. Maybe next week. :-/

Keep my trap shut next time.... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
9 years 2 days ago #118275 by Sarge
I was aked for an update on my Inter loader on www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?action=post;num=1426242226
which brings me to here......

well I found a man, a nice bloke what knows truckloads more than me...
he is now on site to fix said Chamberlain crappy hydraulics :) we hope... have spend two days with the top off the back end & making oil puddles all over the place, it is obvious someone has been in there before us, some of the linkage setup was NQR... (North Queensland Railway???) not quite right, so we fixed that and did some primitave pressure testing, blowing the olive off the supply pipe several times (more oil spread)... now my man is making up a relief valve in a line with the pressure gauge so we know we have a good safety net.... unloaded everything works fine, we got the temp up and no longer hit the same high as when cold.... pump looking suspect now or the control valve back down inside the guts which he have just put all back together (again)...

And I am on night shift.... 3 or 4 hours sleep is OK for running interstate, but not for sitting in a warm quiet office AND STAYING AWAKE ;D ;D (gotta stay awake, my staff will happily take inappropriate photos of me and post to maximum effect). :o :o :o

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

the piece of plate blocks off the remotes ports.

Hopefully I will be able to mortgage my first born and pay for it all.... :D

/me
/me

Sarge B)

More
9 years 2 days ago #118276 by Mairjimmy
Thing don't look to good at Sarges place , two tractors down :'( :'( :'( and I have my caravan packed and heading to the river early in the morning
, no today :) :) sorry Sarge can't help. :'(
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
9 years 2 days ago - 9 years 1 day ago #118277 by Sarge
Thanks Colin, no help required at this stage, test the pump & output is consistent, we cranked the pressure relief up to 1500 and it holds that ok, but once we put the flow back through the hydraulics, we are down to 1000 and fading to 800 when hot.

Been searchin' for another valve in the bucket... there is one, a flow valve with a needle and seat that might not be perfect, we mucked with some shims and changed the performance and now think we need to see about a new one of these... made from high grade unobtainum probably... but in the meantime the lids back on and I can now go attach the combine... (so old it was made with levers instead of hydraulics and horses out the front... but the tyres never go flat. :D)

/me

Sarge B)
Last edit: 9 years 1 day ago by Sarge.

More
9 years 1 day ago #118278 by Tacho
Sarge, we need pictures of your crop sowing operation, especially of the old combine complete with levers. So much of that era has gone to scrap, and not enough old machinery being saved. Cheers

More
9 years 1 day ago #118279 by dieseldog
Sarge, don't discount the pump as the problem. I just looked up the pump and it should flow about 11 gpm and the system pressure should be around 2250 psi, so theoretically, unless you have a 11gpm leak, you should be able to blow the relief at 2250psi.

Hydraulics are very misunderstood. In an open center system you need pressure and flow for the system to work. When the control lever is in neutral, the oil flows straight back to the tank and no pressure is built up with full oil flowing. When the lever is moved, the oil will be directed to the ram and the load will lift. The pressure will rise as it does the work, but it will not reach the relief valve setting until the ram strokes out or the load is too heavy. Only then will the relief valve release enough of the oil flow to maintain the valve setting.

So in your case, you may have a relief set at 1500 psi, which is relieving 1gpm to maintain the pressure, but the other 10 gallons are slipping back through the pump.

I reckon you should pop a pressure gauge into a remote coupler, warm the hydraulics up, engage the remote lever and set the engine at full noise. If it doesn't reach say 2100psi, then either you have a worn out pump or a massive, and very obvious leak. The only leaks big enough to dump even a few gpm would be cracked housings or pipes, or blown o'rings on internal high pressure lines.

The other option is to pull the pump, take off the back cover and have a looksee. Damage will be obvious and if the pump is ok, then your only up for a few o'rings and a gasket.

More
9 years 1 day ago #118280 by Mrsmackpaul
Diesel Dog thats pretty much text book no good fiddling with all the insides until the basics are proven to be working right but thats just me
As I see it just about everything now has being touched and fiddled with except with the pump if it was me I would just pull the pump and have a look
need to make up a drain hose I think from memory the drain plug is either 5/8 or 3/4 UNC drill a hole thru a bolt cut the head off and slip a bit of hose on to catch the oil and then it can be reused and wont make a big mess all over the back of tractor

anyway thats 2 bobs worth

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
9 years 1 day ago #118281 by Sarge
Thanks gents.... we did the pump test straight from the pump and raised the relief valve pressure but once we put it back into the linkage we lost 500 lbs straigh away... We should see if there was any great pressure release into the tank and we have not, which is why we are playing with the little needle valve.

The diagram shows a Pressure Relief Valve that does not exist (up from the red arrow) and the needle valve is where marked,

[IMG

It is quite frustrating, we removed some bodgey linkage that someone had added, obviously a previous owner had issues and sold it on... come in spinner. :-/ :'(

Stroke of luck, my man found a twin pump in his shed, he pulled it from a loader when the loader owner had bought a new one, new pump didnt fix the problem... when it was fixed my man was left with a pump... I have my eye on it,
it will bolt straight in. 8-)

Stuff is being loaded into the caravan.. time is short ...

/me

Sarge B)

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds