Skip to main content

International Farmall AMD

More
7 years 6 months ago #175747 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic International Farmall AMD
I started looking for engine bits, now that it's under cover. Rang several mobs......everything seems to have gone off the books OH NO!

A local tractor place put me onto a mob called Dover and Sons at Boonah. They must have a supplier (who they were coy about) with some stock. I really didn't want to spend this much just before Christmas, but though I'd better get the bits while I still can.
Sleeves, rings and a VRS. Just need the sump gasket, which is readily available.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175748 by Mrsmackpaul
not long now I seem to recall starter motors for these are hard to come by
They use these old tricycle tractors for burning cane as the are good for going down the break and seem to recall that the starter motors are thin on the ground

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 6 months ago #175749 by asw120
They are, but I got lucky being put onto the right people.

New ones are on ebay, but $400 +...

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 6 months ago #175756 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic International Farmall AMD
TR &KR Shipton in Tasmania are a good source of supply for older International parts. (Google the name for contact info}
I got a thermostat for my WD9 from them after getting a blank stare from the Case IH dealer.

Geoff

More
7 years 6 months ago #175758 by asw120
Thanks Geoff, always good to know about these suppliers.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 6 months ago #175770 by Mrsmackpaul
I have dealt with this mob for a few years now cheaper and quicker than Case IH and have never had a problem

www.abilenemachine.com/home.php

The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
7 years 5 months ago #175925 by asw120
OK. Trying to cram a bit in before I go out of commission for 6 weeks. (minor op.)

I managed to get the injector holders (?) out - what a job! Fortunately the holes are 1/16" bigger than the studs, so you can turn them a bit to get them out (with a hammer and drift). On two pots, the studs were swelled with rust in the holes, but several good whacks with a hammer and some compressed air got them turning (only a degree or so, but better then nothing).

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #175926 by asw120
There seem to be a number of problems with the injectors.
On two of them the needle is stuck in the seat. On all of them, the seat is stuck in the holder (sorry, don't know the technical terms).
I cannot pull them out with long-nosed pliers. I dare not hit them from the underside with a drift. Any ideas?

Also there is a tube inside them. I only pulled one apart, and found this tube appears to have a metering jet in it. This is blocked.
Is it what I think it is, and should I try to unblock this tube / jet thingy?

Amazingly, all of the glow plugs ohm OK. One even came out easily. I dare not force the others. (one has the hex completely rusted off the gland nut, anyway).

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #175928 by asw120
If anyone knows, does this look like what my injector seats should look like?

histoparts.com/en/webshop/tractor-parts-...sbmd-b450-bd264.html

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 5 months ago #175929 by Mrsmackpaul

asw120 wrote: There seem to be a number of problems with the injectors.
On two of them the needle is stuck in the seat. On all of them, the seat is stuck in the holder (sorry, don't know the technical terms).
I cannot pull them out with long-nosed pliers. I dare not hit them from the underside with a drift. Any ideas?

Also there is a tube inside them. I only pulled one apart, and found this tube appears to have a metering jet in it. This is blocked.
Is it what I think it is, and should I try to unblock this tube / jet thingy?

Amazingly, all of the glow plugs ohm OK. One even came out easily. I dare not force the others. (one has the hex completely rusted off the gland nut, anyway).

Jarrod.

Injectors are made of hard steel so I think you grip the parts fairly well
I have also been shown that brake cleaner works better at freeing up the internals of injectors than diesel or CRC as they arent normally rusted it's dried out diesel remains I think that causes them to stick

Paul

Time to create page: 0.612 seconds