Skip to main content

International Farmall AMD

More
7 years 5 months ago #175991 by Mrsmackpaul
now come on Jarrod you been working lifts all these years mate rope bottles make real good threads for these must be about 3/4 super high tensile heaps of thread
The old Otis ones arent as good as EPL or Johnsies as they have a key way machined into them so maybe keep an eye peeled and you never heard this from me LOL

Glad you got it in ok ( I seem to recall reading about making up a puller to pull them if needed) :P :P :P

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #175997 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic International Farmall AMD
Sorry about the pics on that last post. I sent it from my 'phone and I did push the "insert" bit (indeed, it is ticked when I try to edit), but they just won't go in the woodpecker's hole....

Thanks for the encouragement, Swish.

Paul; I is smart. I been on service ever since I came out of my time - no re-ropes for me! At Otis, repairs is the "naughty corner" :)

I figured; why make a puller I may not need? :silly: :silly: :silly:

I was trying to work out how to use Acrow props when I remembered what I already had.

P.S. :Paul; the bit of plate I turned down was from the pit of an EPL job we modded. :) :)

5Kg of dry ice pellets on order for tomorrow. At least I know I have a viable backup plan. Last bit of fun before hernia op Wed. :(

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
7 years 5 months ago #176001 by Mrsmackpaul
love it Jarrod you find this old stuff lying about some times with out doing the dirty work Im still using stuff today from last time I worked on lifts

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #176052 by asw120
OK. Let's try this again (and thanks to bparo for fixing my last post).

Yesterday I ordered some dry ice:

Freezing the remaining three sleeves:

Warming the block:

Et voila:

They dropped in so easily, I didn't get a chance to blow the recesses out before bottoming. As a result, I think some ice got stuck, it's only a few thou, but it's there. I'll just nip them down later, no problem.

I have heaps of dry ice left, even after science experiments with my son. Pickup tonight only from Ipswich :P

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by asw120.

More
7 years 5 months ago #176053 by asw120
So.....I was able to push it out into the sun, but not back in. No problem; just hook up a battery and stick it in reverse.

It spins over so fast, I thought I would try engaging the pump.

It works......

No more work (on anything) for a few weeks. At least the time off will give my brain a rest!

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

More
7 years 5 months ago #176054 by asw120
One last thing. I stripped the head.

This cannot be good......(they are all a bit crooked) I'm talking about the bit between the precombustion and main chambers. No. 2 has seen better days. Were they ever a spare part? (I don't have a book, will have to see if the same vendor is at Allora again)

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #183427 by asw120
Back in March, I got around to doing a bit more.

New rings on pistons:

One down. The only place who could find bits for me:

I need to find a new filter. This one crumbled:

Had to reuse the tab washers:

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by asw120.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #183428 by asw120
For some reason, the pictures aren't coming up in the order I put them. I'll have to ask one of the mods to fix it for me.

Jarrod.

EDIT: all sorted.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by asw120.

More
6 years 10 months ago #183429 by asw120
Given that the seats are so badly pitted with rust on this head, I figured I could hardly make it any worse. I'm using this as practice before I get into the Stude (if I wreck those, I'm in trouble, being a sidevalve).

I cleaned up one valve on the lathe a while back, but wasn't happy with the finish. Still needs more which I'll do on the refacer. I probably won't take all the pitting out, or there'll be nothing left.

I took this seat down a bit more. It ended up being bigger than the valve and really wants an insert, but not going to happen.

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #186517 by asw120
The cost of a sump gasket in Australia is exorbitant. I made my own. (forgot to take a picture).
There is always one bolt which won't go in - out with the taps...

Oil pump works - gauge not yet connected.....

Jarrod.

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds