Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211528 by PDU
The wanderer has returned . . .

No joy finding any wheels for Dave_64 :( despite searching and getting VERY wet (bloody rain, the worse thing when crawling through rusty wrecks).

List of jobs around the house won't help me getting back into the shed for a while AND our new Men's Shed is now at lock up stage, ready for hand over, with LOTS of work needed inside BUT I will fit the truck in somewhere. Lack of progress is hard to bear. :blush:

While away I found some bucket seats that will fit in the cab nicely, and at a bargain price. U-Pull-It are having a special on bucket seats at $27 each, but only on Mondays and Tuesdays, otherwise you get stung $99 a pair. :huh:

My seats came from a Honda CRV (which they have heaps of due to airbag recalls) with just over 22,000 kms on the odometer!

NB If they can squeeze into an O type cab they should fit just about anything.
20" wide, 25" from front edge to back of seat, and firm/comfy. I'll look forward to mounting them some time later . . . ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by PDU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, husky

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211652 by PDU
Despite side requirements I made time today for B for, all be it barely two hours between following up some Men's Shed jobs (furniture movements plus some painting in the new shed) and picking up grand-daughter from her school bus . . . :S

Although not much was achieved it was a start, and the paint stripper is reasonably effective, without any porcupine needles!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago #211655 by husky
Its coming on fine Pdu your doing a grand job sir ,enjoying watching it progress ,keep posting your work in pictures as some restorers new to this might pick up some helpful tips or information ,cheers Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PDU

More
3 years 10 months ago #211674 by Mrsmackpaul
Drop that mens shed stuff and you'll have heaps more time

Great work, almost shiny as my head

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 10 months ago #211678 by PDU
Not as shiny as it appears under the 600W solar spotlight, :lol: there is more than a bit of surface rust that will have to be hit with a flap disc, or two, before getting a coat of Kill Rust . . .

The bonnet is my biggest concern :unsure:

Paul2: As in an instructional guide I have dubious eyesight, and most would know the old adage about the blind leading the blind!? As for the Men's Shed, it's somewhat all hands on deck (and there aren't enough hands) so it's busy+ with all the internal walls to do, wiring, plumbing, install kitchen/toilets, fit windows and entrance doors, plus move in equipment, machines and furniture . . . and whatever else I can't think of right now. Currently I'm 2IC so somewhat involved.
IF I'm lucky I might clean the other side of the grille this weekend :whistle: :oops:
Attachments:

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211696 by PDU
Managed a quick session, but in the process sheared three of the six bolts holding the headlight pods on! Surprising how much they weigh, and wanted them off to assist handling, plus better when I eventually get to the painting stage. Plan for them is to use sealed beams with a parking light in them and keep the original side lights as indicators (maybe?).

Shitty picture again, sorry. :oops:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, husky

More
3 years 10 months ago #211705 by cobbadog
PDU, you are making great progress and it is looking good. For minor surface rust like in your pic I have used Bandall rust converter quite successfully. I got a litre bottle at Bunnings some time back, about 12 months, and wasn't badly priced then. It is in the paint section if your interested.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #211915 by PDU
Yes, I am still alive and kicking . . .
Busy at the Men's Shed:

Wiring progressing, and some wall framing done and up.

Meanwhile, in the odd moments, I scoured the RH guard and discovered the damage to the front RH corner of the cab was evident here also (not surprisingly). It appears to have been beaten out and lead wiped.

Also, considering how busy I am with the Shed, I opted to take the bonnet and side panels in for sand blasting - pick up Tuesday. B)
Late side comment: Maybe C is for Commitments elsewhere??? :unsure: :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang

More
3 years 10 months ago #211917 by Lang
Wow that is a serious men's shed! So many have to cram into an old church hall or abandoned council storage shed. A great community asset.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 10 months ago #211918 by PDU
Not without more than a few issues getting to this stage Lang, and four years of hassling with council and crown lands . . .

Built with various grants to this point and some of our own money. Two large walls to split of two of the bays, and computer room/office/etc.

1.57 and I've just made it to my brunch, THEN out to the truck :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds