Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221094 by PDU
Now that sounds good Sarge :woohoo: but I'd still opt for four wheels not three, I have seen too many Reliant fiascos . . .

. . . bear with me, just consider this a bit of light entertainment . :blink:

Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PDU.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221098 by JOHN.K.
Cousin had a Bond Bug ,a 3 wheeler with 100mph potential.....or so he claimed.....I would not get in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
2 years 11 months ago #221105 by PDU
No musical hi-jinks with radio or cars today, but I did finalise all the brake pipe clamps, and extra bolts attaching the rear framework to the chassis (previously were in short supply). Two split pins, the brackets for the fuek tanks, and paint now needed prior to the flooring going in.

I will be going into Adelaide next Wednesday so amongst other things I can buy some Ormonoid to seal; the underside. ;)

Any opinions on slipping some corflute sheeting between the framework and flooring also, or do you think this is un-necessary? :unsure:

I did consider a two post hoist a year or so ago Morris, but as I don't plan on working under cars much anymore, I guess I'll rely on my ramps (two, or four on occasions) as I have done for years. Meanwhile, the caravan/truck/wood shed . . .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout

More
2 years 11 months ago #221109 by Sarge
PDU, my little brain thinks core flute too light,weak,soft or unsuitable, but malthoid would be a great fix, a bitumen sheet product. Like ormanoid in sheet form.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #221118 by PDU
Thanks Sarge, never heard of malthoid before but my line of thought was purely to use the corflute as an additional layer of protection below the Ormonoided flooring.

I have done various things with corfkute and once sandwiched between flooring and framework (much the same as rubber or webbing is sometimes used).it should serve that purpose reasonably well??? Minimal cost and easy to work with. :unsure:

As you might realise my next move will be to see what I can find out about malthoid, or just rely on the big O . . . ;)

UPDATE: After checking the Safety and Technical Data Sheets I'll give it a miss, thanks for the input though. :(
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by PDU.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221123 by Sarge
PDU, malthoid is available at the big green shed, I learned about it building my house, used as damp course where bearers sit on brick piers etc and in my chook shed where bottom plate is on the slab, second hand timber at ground level and still good 30 years later.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
2 years 11 months ago #221136 by cobbadog
It's a bit like musical chairs without music or chairs!? :huh:

No music but plenty of grunting.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221141 by Morris
PDU, Good, I see you have decided not to use corflute. I do not think it would stand up to the use in a vehicle.

I remember Malthoid from when I was a teenager. It was very popular in roll form as cheap roof cladding over plywood for sheds and the occasional house. It appeared to have a reasonably long life exposed to the weather. I have not heard of it or seen it for fifty years or so. I do not know how it would stand up to being used as a "sandwich" between bearers and floor.
Before buying it I would try to find some data on it.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 11 months ago #221152 by Zuffen
I recently sold an 85year old house with Malthoid used under the roof tiles.

It had gone hard and started to crack but it was 85 years old.

Malthoid burns really well and a mate told me if the house catches fire ring your Insurance company not the Fire Brigade as there won't be any house left by the time the Fire Brigade get there.

Personally I'd use in the situation you're looking at.

More
2 years 11 months ago #221157 by 180wannabe
I think malthoid would be quite suitable to use, but in my opinion unnecessary.

Plenty of truck trays floored with formboard/formply sheets seem to last quite ok, so i think your flooring sealed with Ormonoid would be quite adequate on its own.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds