Skip to main content

A was for Austin, but now B is for Bedford

More
3 years 4 days ago #220870 by hayseed
I Think You need some Wheel Dollies a couple of your Mens Shed Mates, & maybe a Sixpack as a bribe..!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 days ago - 3 years 4 days ago #220873 by PDU
Staggered in for lunch . . . still alive obviously, just feel like I've aged somewhat. :huh:

Wheel brace would be a reasonable idea if I had wanted to shuffle it back and forward a few inches each time wee-allis, but as you could see there was minimal room to manoeuvre it in and the sideways approach was relatively painless (just very repetitive). Of course wheel dollies might have made it a wee bit easier hayseed but they usually only have small diameter wheels which don't appreciated the gaps between the pavers, and expend beer on other people!? Not in my world. Beer is for the one man army when he's having lunch and recuperating! :)

Once manipulated around the bend life was much easier . . .

. . . then started to push, but using my version of the wheel brace - jack up the rear, slip two wheel ramps under the wheels and away she goes . . . ;)

Which was quite far enough as I will now need to empty heaps of wood/timber, accumulated junk, and the Trimoddore before the truck can be moved into the other shed. Right now it's eating time and hopefully by the end of the day B for will be inside.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 4 days ago by PDU.

More
3 years 4 days ago #220874 by PDU
All in - a long day but now I can relax.

Hooked up the A frame and dragged it around the corner with the Territory, well I did as far as I could without moving the caravan.

Once that was moved things were much easier.

Once B for was tucked away I shunted the Trimoddore where the Herald used to be and used the trolley jack to shunt the front end across. Four swings of the trolley jack moved it 1.4 metres, just as a reference to anyone who might be interested in using this method. :unsure:

Notice no marlks on the cement floor in the garage , but the pavers did not fare so well where I swung the truck around . . .

. . . looks bad, but this has happened before and all traces gradually disappear. :)

Last thing was to poke the two remaining vehicles in, and headed inside for another beer and a pizza. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, cobbadog, tim, asw120

More
3 years 4 days ago #220881 by cobbadog
Next time when sitting back with a brew have a pen n paper handy and design your very own 'go jacks' that use larger diameter castor wheels. These can even be ones with polyurethane on them so not to mark the pavers. Then inbetween building, painting , manufacturing and any othe chore you are committed to, make them in your spare time.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 4 days ago #220884 by Urchy87
As they say, ‘How many sheds do you need? One more than you have.’ it just doesn’t stop. Looks like quite the juggling act but you seem to have it under control.

I like cobbadog’s idea of custom go jacks or wheel dollies of some sort. Might cost a few dollars but that’s better than a busted knee or worse.

Fab work seems to be coming up a treat.

Urchy87

Adventure before Dementia.

More
3 years 4 days ago #220885 by PDU
Ha ha ha, I'll think on that for a bit cobba, between jobs maybe . . . :unsure:

You'll notice I didn't take any pictures inside the other shed, no one would believe how much wood I've got stacked in there, and it's so messy I'm too embarrassed to show it. :blink:

Hmmmm? Perhaps I'd better clean that little mess up first, but that means cutting it up and stacking it ready for the winter months. And then the white Triumph (with the cooked distributor) has to be pushed into the shed where I've put the green one today . . . or perhaps I could put it where the spare chassis is? That would have to go into the carport where the white Triumph is at the moment with the PT Cruiser. Oh yeah, better not forget that, the PT Cruiser will have to move somewhere too, which reminds me about the renmants of the spare Herald behind the garage . . . my head hurts . . . why does my head hurt?

Blue polyurethane wheels sound nice . .. or maybe red ones? :whistle:

More
3 years 3 days ago #220921 by cobbadog
OR, maybe just spin the Bedford around and push it back into the shed! :woohoo: :whistle:

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 26 minutes ago #221079 by PDU
B for is nicely tucked away with the wood supply cobbadog. Today the white Triumph moved to the back of the bigger shed, where the truck was previously, Herald in front, and the green one where the white one came from in the carport. Boosted the PT Cruiser's battery and fired it up just to check if it is still willing and able. Maybe a wee bit more shunting tomorrow.

It's a bit like musical chairs without music or chairs!? :huh:

More
2 years 11 months ago #221082 by Morris
PDU, It is a wonder that you get any restoring done at all, what with the "musical vehicles" and all the non-vehicular things you do.
I used to have to move trucks sideways by putting a trolley jack under the centre of the axle and then using a long piece of 4x2 under a tyre, bullock it across. Damned hard work.
Now I have most of my projects, along with his, in my mate's huge shed. When we want to move a vehicle we have to shift quite a few things and just move it with his forklift. Next project is to make room and install the four-post hoist, near his existing two post one. He wants to put it where one of his MGB's and two stacks of stilages are. Ha Ha.
If he ever kicks me out, I will be in all sorts of trouble.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 11 months ago #221088 by Sarge
Long lost member here Blacksmithpete, had a mobile display blacksmith shop in a 20ft container that he needed to shunt around in his shed, he made 4 x 3 wheel skates with 5 inch red poly castor wheels, thing moved quite easily.
Probably 7 plus ton.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.648 seconds