Skip to main content

Re: Cannington -- PCT -- CCT -- PCT Road Lines P/L.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 2 months ago #74832 by Swishy

PCT
Gudday M8

Most float goosenecks have them gussets where the bends R to keep everything in shape az Big C sez
they do look a little amateurish where they R placed but it looks like it duz the job
here B a vertical tank up @ the Upper Thomas dam ( 1977..? )
me thinks they pump liquid nitrogen in to the concrete agitators to make the concret go off Faster/Slower (dunno 4 gotten)

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74833 by PCT
G'Day bigcam, I guess they'd become a required improvement with what they were doing with them.

of course I'm not very good I've only driven in the dark

More
12 years 2 months ago #74834 by rex
PCT later became PCT1973 and remained in business more as a freight forwarder until Max Hickey finally retired. Our Company had a very close working relationship with PCT1973 for many years and on Max's retirement we purchased the business and retained Max to look after it until we could understand the operation. Prior to forming our own Company I managed Kingston Heavy Haulage for near on two years and commenced with Kingston not long after they purchased the equipment and heavy haulage component of PCT. At that time the drivers who had then become owner drivers were Millen Donovan, Victor Arnold, Paul mottley and Bill ( i can't for the life of me remember Bill's surname Vic will and I intend to ask him to contribute) When I arrived Vic and Paul had stepped out of the Peterbuilts and purchased White Road Boss prime movers. Millen and Bill continued with the Peterbuilts Millen's prime mover is the one in some of the photos it is the one with the 335 HP Cummins. As you all say I may be corrected here but I am sure Millen once told me he drove the Peterbuilt from new. And if that is the case then he did so until that terrible morning when he had reached the delivery address and had stepped out of the truck only to be run over and killed. There is a great deal of History in PCT and I will attempt to bring to the forum some photos and further information when time permits.

Rex Andrews

Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74835 by PCT

howsy pct,now i know who you are(slow learner).hope you arent underwater up there mate.you can tell the wolleng floats by the shape of the gooseneck where it meets the deck.brentwoods just got built heavier and heavier to the point where they were too heavy,but hard to break.these days theyre a shadow of their 70's bretheren

G'Day B52 . The waters gone down for most and drying out. We're a bit lucky that way. A little rusty on the float side of thing and fogrotten some too. Time goes quick and you forget if your not using it. I saw you on the photo hosting sites but havent had the techo side sorted till now. Think this Forum is a good place to reach everyone we can hopefully. How you going with your Peterbilt?

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74836 by PCT
G'Day Rex,
Thank you for your post, Great to here the in house versions of what took place. I have been wondering where to start and put things in words because there's so many places to start from.
Just putting photos up in no real form other than Cannington first and so on right through to your involvement to see what interest it generates and hopefully get some sharing of history going of the outfits.
I'm just going to reply to Cunnings post with a picture of Truck 7 in your livery freshly painted. You may be able to expand on that for us....also one of your early Road Bosses now resting at Hexham when I snapped it..
Q Is Bill = Bill Halsell?spelling

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by PCT.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74837 by PCT

Hi PCT, what a great thread and great photos! I grew up in Epping in Sydney and I had grandparents who lived in Ermington and West Ryde so I was familiar with Kingstons fleet and I'm almost positive that I recall the PCT Peterbilts in the shown livery and I'm positive, Kingstons livery also.

Strangely enough I now work for a transport company in Egerton Street, off Silverwater road. The photos are marvelous, thanks for sharing :)

G'Day Cunning, Firstly Congratulations for what you and the Crew got underway last year.
It's the shot in the arm that everyone has enjoyed whether we were fortunate enough to go or not. I'll be Crawlin the Hume.
Good on ya and I hope your young blokes shining. :)

Here's a couple of pictures of Truck 7 in Kingstons livery supplied by the current owner.
Its looking fresh here with the red turntable (no grease).

It would be the one you saw I reckon because the rest were replaced in favour of newer and more powerful units by 1982.

Truck 7 was still suitably speced to continue on at that time. That means that this Peterbilt worked under 4 banners in total.

Cannington P/L,,, Pacific Coast Trucking,,, PCT Road Lines P/L then Kingston Heavy Haulage.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74838 by PCT
Here is a shot of Truck 7 #19422 still in the Kingston livery with the addition of the hi rise box taken in Central QLD in the late 90's.

12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #74839 by
g'day pct, rex and all...a couple of photos of the transfer dump set-up applied to ch/no 17790 as used within with the o'neil companies and then onwards with PCT roadlines..(this one appears to have missed the ''pacific coast trucking'' moniker, as liveried on its brothers ..pct will know the unit number)

these american cook bodies were applied to another chassis (17896) when imported, but through the twists and turns that occur with a custom built truck...the eventual outcome was this...

late 1965/early 1966... (name on the door says ''cannington pty ltd..earthmoving and plant hire) , www.flickr.com/photos/76760248@N04/6885373499/in/photostream/

hired to kulnura quarries from pacific coast trucking P/L in mid 1968...both o'neil family companies photo warren noakes
www.flickr.com/photos/76760248@N04/6885373259/in/photostream/

in her pct roadlines working clothes into the 70's photo via doug clark
www.flickr.com/photos/76760248@N04/6885373069/in/photostream/

this is the truck that vic arnold took over when with kingstons, and traded on the road boss.

...sorry for the crappy picture quality... a combination of bad lighting and a dinosaur computer operator....cheers
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by bigcam.

More
12 years 2 months ago #74840 by Cunning Stunt
Wow PCT, you gave me goose bumps seeing that truck in Kingstons colours. I love that the big Cummins logo was on the sides of the hood right up until the late 90's shot and I love even more that it survives. Has it been restored or will it be. I know everyone's different but from your first photos I was thinking how great it would be to see one of the originals restored in the Canningtons colours complete with the five hole buds!

Thanks also for your comments on the Hume run. Plans are currently underway for another in April 2013, I'm heading to Gunning and Yass for meetings with Councils and the fuzz next Thursday.

In the meantime I hope to meet with you at the Crawlin the Hume. All things considered, the old man and I will be there with a few mates so look for the red boat anchor and say G'day.

Thanks again for the pics, they are fantastic.

Some play hard to get

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 2 months ago #74841 by Swishy

Rex Gr8 info keep it cumm n

Tective M80
wot B th@ 1st tippr pic
iz th@ a yanky transfer dump
??
enquire n mindz need 2 kno U kno