Skip to main content

1934 International C1

More
9 months 5 days ago #246925 by Inter-Action
Replied by Inter-Action on topic 1934 International C1
I am going to try some carpet under lay , under the floor mat. The carpet people are always throwing it out. May be a bit thick but worth a try??

Also. On the door cards ,i would be gluing a circle of foam around the door handle and window winder. They tend to chatter ,
if there is not a little pressure from behind.

My thoughts. Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago - 9 months 5 days ago #246926 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 1934 International C1
I have been using this stuff for years from Bunnings. Same sort of thing as Dynamat but half the price.

It has a very sticky soft rubberised layer about 3mm thick covered with shiny aluminium foil. Sticks to everything, is waterproof and does not hold moisture like underlays and foam. Noise cancelling , stops panel drumming and heat insulation barrier. It is structurally sound enough to cover all those mysterious holes through the firewall old vehicles seem to collect up to about a 100mm diameter either back, front or both. It does not come unstuck with heat if you put it on the engine side.

It comes in various widths and lengths. I find it nice to work with like Dynamat as you can cut out your required shapes and holes before removing the backing layer

Last edit: 9 months 5 days ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, 77louie400, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, PDU, lemmiwinks

More
9 months 4 days ago #246936 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1934 International C1
I used it when I did the door cards on Lorry. Bought the spnge foam from a local foam/rubber shop.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #247211 by Southbound
Replied by Southbound on topic 1934 International C1
I spent a lot of time on the fuel gauge sender unit and it wasn’t 100% so just kept going on with other jobs and thinking about a solution.

I have since found out that a MF135 sender is the same, beauty. They are available new, made in India, $50 and 6 weeks delivery.

Works well on 6 volt (don’t ask lol) but works backwards. I was going to bend the float rod to the opposite side except there’s a baffle in the fuel tank. Looking at the resister and realised if I moved the
gauge wire to the opposite side it would do what I needed, so did that. Next shorten the float rod to suit the depth of my tank. Then make and solder in a pickup line.

Then put it all back together and test, all working perfect now.

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Southbound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950, theabundantlife, lemmiwinks

More
8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #247518 by Southbound
Floor mat and boots in now.

Interior finished now. I really like these pressed metal covers that go on top of the door trims. Also cut, stain and fit new Tassie Oak trim around 3 windows.

Last edit: 8 months 4 days ago by Southbound.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #247519 by Southbound
I was lucky to find this little badge in amongst the parts to give credit to Alf Mitchell, so mounted it front and centre.
No it’s not on the p1ss, just the amateur photographer lol.

So now just fixing all the teething problems as we go along. CPS soon, fingers crossed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, asw120, grandad, Tacho, wee-allis, oliver1950, lemmiwinks

More
8 months 4 days ago #247521 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic 1934 International C1
Very Nice Southbound.. Won't be long now & you'll have a Plates on It & out enjoying the fruits of your Labour..

OK, It's dumb Question Time...LOL

What is the second dipper switch for..?? (maybe the Starter)

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/40751

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
8 months 4 days ago #247523 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic 1934 International C1
Those really are one of the nicest looking vintage utes.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Southbound

More
8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #247524 by Southbound
Hayseed Yes, it's the starter button. It works and it gives the 30's feel so I kept it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120

More
8 months 3 days ago #247534 by Southbound
The mirrors were another challenge, these are modified motorcycle mirrors screwed into the wooden door frames.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, wee-allis, oliver1950, theabundantlife

Time to create page: 0.638 seconds