Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: International A40 - 1 Superloader

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 08:30 #202540

• Morris
  • Thank you received: 91
Not only do you have to check for bolt size, you must check for thread type at the same time. The difference between torque settings for fine and coarse threads can be considerable.
I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 12:49 #202544

• Sarge :-X
  • Sarge  :-X's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 106
They were fine thread, but having someone screw coarse thread bolts into them probably changed every thing.
And one seems to be a short hole, this might test my R.A.G. skills..... it's gonna take a long tap handle to get near the problem.:dry:
Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 13:42 #202545

• asw120
  • Thank you received: 121
I have seen John K's slasher and can attest to its structural integrity / disintegrity :)

Jarrod.
My wife said I never listen to her..., or something like that....

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 20:21 #202554

I might be having a small win, three of the stud/bolt holes have cleaned up OK, not sure of the size but I have 2 bolts to fit, I think 5/8th and not a fine thread. The push bolts were fine thread 3/4 inch. The 4th hole has been got at with a large drill bit into I am guessing a broken stud, there is a small hole a bit further in. I have no doubt 3 bolts will probably do the trick, however is it worth running a helicoil or something into the hole for a bit more grab?

I have the parts book, the only studs pictured in the whole book with out size and pitch.... these bloody taper studs.

And do I try and get studs rather than use bolts????

Sarge B)
Attachments:

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 20:23 #202555

and while I am at it, a copied document I found one time and slipped into the manual, relates to an upgrade of a bigger machine me thinks.

Sarge B)
Attachments:

International A40 - 1 Superloader 19 Aug 2019 21:39 #202558

• cobbadog
  • Thank you received: 304
At least itsounds as if your winning so that is a bonus. You mentioned one hole is not as deep as the others. Is there a broken stud inside?
I too had an issue with thread identification on some tie rod ends on the David Brown Cropmaster. It has an unusual
19 tpi and pitch not BSF or Metric so left with no idea of what it is. No end in Oz will fit the taper o/a length and height or the thread. Even the reproduction parts are not a perfectmatch. They are around 5mm longer and the internal thread was not deep enough to allow you to wind the bloody thing on far enough to get your toe in right. The only solution was to cut the drag link down so it would screw on and give me the right adjustment.
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette

Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558